GNX VIN Numbers

L78-Kidd

Caretaker of GNX-438
Hi I’m new to the board, I am currently starting my search for a GNX and I am trying to gather as Much knowledge as possible on these cars. Is there a list of VIN numbers of the GNX’s that were built and if so where can I find it? If anyone knows of one for sale I would appreciate it. I drive my cars so one with some mileage would be preferred so I don’t start feeling guilty about putting a few miles on it.
Thanks and BTW, Great Web Site!!!
Mark
70-SS_RS-L78@Comcast.net

I guess the list is not being released to the public and for obvious reasons. I am active in the Super Car Community and we have a List of the Yenko and COPO Camaro Vin’s which does act as a deterrent to people who try to pass off a Cloan as the real thing. Is there anyone I can contact with a VIN to verify if a car is real? Like I mentioned in my last post I am currently looking to buy a GNX and I have noticed that they are being cloned also. Dennis Kirban’s shop is about 10 miles north of me I guess I will do my homework and stop in and pick his brain.
Thanks
Mark L
70-SS_RS-L78@Comcast.net

Dennis

Kirban is very knowledgable, one of the top guys in Buick world. He can deffinetely help you out!
DAve

Yes Dennis Knows his stuff, I grew up ¼ mile from his old shop In Ottsville. He used to be into Pontiac GTO’s “BIG TIME” and is still considered to be the GTO Guru. I had a 66 Tri Power and I used to deal with him… He is a Class Act.

Prior to buying my GNX I called Buick GM and gave them the VIN # to see what info they had on it. This was back in 1991 so I don't know or remember the number I called or who I spoke to. But it was a lady on the phone who typed in the VIN and replied that the VIN "comes back to an 87 regal which should be GNX #139". All of our VIN's are assigned to a Regal. Just like our registrations it will say Buic Regal with the year. It will not say Grand Natl, or T-Type or WE4 or anything like that. GNXGUY may have a list also of which GNX's go to which VIN's.

Assistance

I live about 15 miles south of Dennis's old house on Sugarbottom Rd. -about 5 miles south of you-so if I can assist, let me know.

Thanks GNX243; I really appreciate the help!!! I am new to the Turbo Buicks so if I ask what seem like stupid questions please bear with me. I have a garage full of Big Block and Z/28 Camaro’s that I have restored or I am restoring. After driving friends GNX a few years back I decided right then I had to have one... :wink:
Thanks Again….
Mark L
70-SS_RS-L78@Comcast.net