GNX Upgrade

L78-Kidd

Caretaker of GNX-438
I am looking to swap my 1052 mile GNX for one with some of miles on it that I won’t feel guilty about driving it the way these cars were ment to be driven. The Miles on mine are exercise miles. I drove the car to Kirbans reunion and she ran flawlessly. It was the last car on the left of the 10 GNX’s in front of the country club and I received a LOT of compliments on how nice the car was. If you are interested email me and hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement. If not I am just going to sell this and buy a driver.
GNX438@comcast.net

The response to this thread has been great; To answer a few questions that most have asked. The car has the original exhaust and tires. I will not start this car and just let it idle in the driveway to accumulate condensation in the exhaust and then put it back in the garage to rot the exhaust system. I ALWAYS drive the car for a few miles to get it up to temp and dry out the exhaust system and keep the fluids moving. I always check the weep holes in the mufflers to make sure they are not clogged. I also put the hood up after a ride to cool off. As we all know the General did a poor job of painting these cars. The paint on 438 is real nice. These cars are painted with Dispersion Lacquer which does not like drastic temperature change. It will crack. Anyone who has ever looked at GNX-547 knows what I am talking about. We had a few days of rain so the roads are clean and the weather is supposed to be real nice tomorrow so I will take 438 out for some exercise and I will take some updated photos. Hopefully the no driving idiots talking on their cell phones while staring at your car and not looking where their going will be off the road.

I apologize for the long wait for better pictures; Mother Nature has not been kind to us lately. Between the rain and now they are calling for snow it is impossible to take 438 out of her warm and cozy garage. I will post them as soon as I get a chance to drive it to the shop up the road and put the car on the lift to take some close up shots. To answer some more questions the cars original antenna still works. I don’t have the window sticker but I do have the Jacket, Hat and GNX book. The build sheet is still behind the seat where Buick put it. I had the Power Master Brake Recall done last year. My heart dropped when the brake pedal went to the floor while backing it out of Jeff’s (twinvipers) shop. The guys at O’Neil Buick could not believe the car had never had the brake recall done after 20 years. It took a week for O’Neil Buick to find the part through GM's service parts network. The whole brake system was flushed out and the fluid was replaced...

Hear are a few pics taken by a friend a few months ago.

438-5.jpg

438-4.jpg

438-2.jpg

438-1.jpg

sounds like a real problem. Hope you get this resolved.

p.s. sweet car