gnx turbo on ebay. whos is it.

i am not sure and i am not an expert but i think that 3k for a stock turbo is a bit pricy. i guess unless you have a gnx but as much as those are driven i dont think that they are wearing theres out real fast. dave

Some not all...most likely I will not have it... I will not blatantly give out information but I will verify if you have any questions...If you have a GNX I will help you out.....Regards Rick

Some not all...most likely I will not have it... I will not blatantly give out information but I will verify if you have any questions...If you have a GNX I will help you out.....Regards Rick

PM sent.

Thanks,

It's interesting to see a GNX turbo, never seen one out from underneath the shield. I'm unfamiliar with the differences between the TA and GN turbos. I've heard that it had different compressor wheel. What is that protrusion/bump on the exhaust housing? That's new to me. Anyone care to give some ifo on the specific differences? thanks

That bump is a trap. If anything small came apart before the turbo it should get cought in the trap before it destroys the turbine wheel. I dont think that is the correct compressor housing though. The GNX and TTA had a different compressor housing than the GN. The letters for GARRETT were raised not depressed. There was also a raised L in a square box. The housing was capable of flowing more air at lower boost levels.

As for the price? Someday when your restoring your GNX and you need a Turbo you will think, Damn! should have bought one for 2,800. when I had the chance.

I go through this all the time with old Hemi parts.

Steve K.

Also, the turbine wheel was made of ceramic material. The only other OEM equipped vehicle to use ceramic turbine wheel/wheels around this time frame would be the 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 with the RB26DETT. It featured twin turbos that both had ceramic turbine wheels from Garrett but no particle traps. They were T25 based baby turbos(350-400whp range when maxed out). So a factory TBO348 86-87 GN/T/T-Type turbo would definitely be different than a GNX turbo. Those differences being, Particle trap, ceramic turbine wheel and slightly different compressor cover. I can't remember for sure if the turbine housing had a higher A/R or not. Some say yes, that it had a .82 A/R, some say no, it was a .63. Maybe Rick can chime in. My guess about the particle trap would be that if any metal particles left the engine, that the trap would hopefully catch it before it came into contact with the brittle ceramic turbine wheel. Some over the counter OEM replacement turbos came with a steel turbine wheel, so finding an original ceramic equipped OEM GNX turbo would be the mother load for a collector.

Patrick