GNX turbo for sale.

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Have an orginal GNX turbo for sale, I have made an effort to track down the original owner to reunite him with it first but not interested. So it is now up for sale here first. If no takers on E-bay next it goes. Asking $2,500.00 or OBO 949-378-1590 if any questions. Regards Lou

Do you know what number gnx it came from and do you know why it is not installed on the original gnx?

Lou can u post some pix? what a great item for someone building a clone. my buddy would have bought that in a heartbeat when he was building his clone. rare for sure

Do you know what number gnx it came from and do you know why it is not installed on the original gnx?

I love a good mystery & that was the question I wanted to know so before I posted this, as a courtesy I tracked down the owner of the GNX that it originally came off. Since long ago it had been converted to a race car the owner had no interest in it. It is an original GNX turbo & rare to say the least. Any more information than this will be provided to the buyer. It is a rare find & hard to come by part in excellent condition & any fair offers will be considered.

Brett, I can post some pictures but if you go into e-bay & type in reference number 320782944497 it will take you there & I have some posted with the ad.

What is different about this turbo compared to a stock unit found on the GN's is there some type of number in the casting?
Chris

What is different about this turbo compared to a stock unit found on the GN's is there some type of number in the casting?
Chris
The GNX had a unique turbo identified by it's ceramic impellers & special exhaust housing. Each turbo had a serial number that was assigned to a specific number car. Many owners removed the original turbo & substituted another less valuable one that was used & the original stored away for safe keeping because of the collector value of the car. Without all the correct parts the GNX is worth much less.

Thanks for explaining i always heard there was a difference in turbos on the GNX but never confirmed it until now!
Chris

What a GNX turbo looks like. Very similar in looks to a stock one with the exception of the exhaust housing shape. No other turbo has that housing but the GNX to my knowledge. The difference in the wheels aren't as visible.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 259
Only the GNX turbo had the debris trap built into the turbine housing. This was done to help eliminate damage to the ceramic turbine wheel. I memory serves me correctly the A/R of the turbine housing is different also. The larger A/R reduced backpressure and was good for a few more H.P. In concert with the ceramic turbine wheel which has less mass the spool up was about the same as a stock turbo. I believe the compressor wheel and housing are the same ones used on a stock GN turbo.

Neal