GNX Transmission with 32k...what is the value?

313badbuick

A V6!!!!
I just looked at a GNX trans with 32k which came out of a wrecked GNX in 1987 his father purchased the trans in 1987 for a project which never got started. The trans was stored in a climate control building since purchase. Can someone please tell me what it maybe worth? Thanks

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a GN trans compared to a GNX trans? Thanks

I just looked at a GNX trans with 32k which came out of a wrecked GNX in 1987 his father purchased the trans in 1987 for a project which never got started. The trans was stored in a climate control building since purchase. Can someone please tell me what it maybe worth? Thanks

The valve body is different which makes for better shifting. Did you look on the case for casting numbers? Did he mention what number car it was out of?

I will ask him when I met up with him on Tuesday! What is the cast numbers to verify its a GNX tranny?

A GNX trans with 32k in one year? make sure it is from a GNX. I dont know how to tell you if it is or isnt. HTH

The casting numbers should be just above the pan on the side of the trans. If he knows what number car the trans came from contact Doug at the registry with the car number and casting numbers.

The only difference is a stronger spring in the pump and a couple springs in the valve body. probably not worth much more than a GN trans and after sitting for 25 years will need to be rebuilt.

Pete

I just purchased one with under 1900 miles??? for $1200 over priced?? probably but we checked the # and it is from a gnx. THANX BOOTS

It's still a 2004r. Remember every GNX started out as a Grand National. Just paying for bragging rights.

200 r4 in either case so i doubt there is a huge difference in reliability.Someone looking to have a high horsepower car should look for another alternative.