GnX spec wheels on gn

ok whats your back spacing, cause I have gta's with spacers and have been thinking about calling brian from gbody to have my wheels redone to gnx spec so i dont need spacers and the tires clear. I just dont want the tires to stick out like a 4x4

It is my understanding if you use GTA fronts on all 4 corners no spacers are needed and clearence is good. Someone may clarify that but it's what i've been told.

#70 005.jpg

P10 2009 055.jpg

P10 2009 053.jpgNo spacers 4gta fronts 255 rear and 245 front

I have 2 sets of gtas, the thing is they aren't perfect. So I am either going to get the repros or get my set of nondimpled redone.

CI has the set of 4 $700 plus shipping and they have 20percent off this month. The right back spacing all 4 the same size wheels. It's in one deal. You don't have to ask for 4 fronts. Then there are lots of deals on eBay for the center caps for $60 . Hope this helps

ok whats your back spacing, cause I have gta's with spacers and have been thinking about calling brian from gbody to have my wheels redone to gnx spec so i dont need spacers and the tires clear. I just dont want the tires to stick out like a 4x4

Check out the pics in my gallery. Rears are 3 1/2" bs with 255/50/16 and front are 4 1/8" bs with 245/50/16. True GNX have -23 offset rears which i believe equates to about 3 7/16" bs and fronts are -15 which equates to about 3 15/16" bs. so mine are pretty close, alot closer than GTA wheels at 4 1/2" bs. Never liked the way the front GTA didn't quite fill the rear wheelwell.
No issues and they dont stick out like a 4x4 :)

This is on an 87 with stock ride height so your results may vary.

HTH
Matt

Check out the pics in my gallery. Rears are 3 1/2" bs with 255/50/16 and front are 4 1/8" bs with 245/50/16. True GNX have -23 offset rears which i believe equates to about 3 7/16" bs and fronts are -15 which equates to about 3 15/16" bs. so mine are pretty close, alot closer than GTA wheels at 4 1/2" bs. Never liked the way the front GTA didn't quite fill the rear wheelwell.
No issues and they dont stick out like a 4x4 :)

This is on an 87 with stock ride height so your results may vary.

HTH
Matt
Thanks Matt this is the info I have been looking for. Who did your rims, I have 4 non dimpled rims that I would like to have redone this winter. I also have a set of dimpled wheels that I am gonig to put on there for the winter. I have seen the ci wheels the look ok, but I prefer a highly polished inside and out with a powder coated mesh center. And like I said I don't want spacers. Even with a 255 on a stock from or ci repro you still need a 1/8 space depending on what brand tire it is. There a new 255 dr that I would like to try out, seeing after I paint it I am only got to drive it on nice days.

TruDesign

TruDesign did the wheels years ago, long before Brian started doing his. Just an FYI, mine aren't the GTA wheels, mine were made by Rikken. Looks real similar until you put the two next to each other and you will see the difference.

Matt

CI has the set of 4 $700 plus shipping and they have 20percent off this month. The right back spacing all 4 the same size wheels. It's in one deal. You don't have to ask for 4 fronts. Then there are lots of deals on eBay for the center caps for $60 . Hope this helps

The 20% does not apply to those wheels

Yes, those are nice David, I like that they are new. Nothing wrong with cut/rewelded wheels but new is new:cool:

Alan

I have a set of GTA non-dimpled front getting done right now. Centers done, lips repaired and high polished. 135.00 a piece in Howard Co MD at a place called Ye Olde Wheel Shop. Excellent work for years.

just called tru design, they still do the work (resetting to GNX setting) for $390 per rim..thats with sending ur rim to them..If you want 9 1/2 inch rim then its $440 per rim...thats lots of $$.

I think I paid $200/wheel to have Wheel Works in Burlington NJ do mine years ago. I supplied the rims (the welded version...non-dimpled ones). Wheel Works cut out the center and rewelded it in to my backspacing specs (3.5" for the rears and 3.75" for the fronts), polished the rim barrel and repainted the center. Nice job and I'd recommend him to anyone.