GNX sold at Mecum

I think stage1gn's post is dead on, although I'm not surprised to see it poorly received in this forum. GNX's aren't fetching what they did a few years years ago, most likely for the very reasons he identified. Should GNX prices have risen into the six figure range when they did? Maybe not. Will they return there one day? Probably. But they currently lack the one thing a highly collectible car needs...exclusivity. "What?!?" the purists will cry. With only 547 built, they are the most exclusive American iron of their era. But that's not the problem. The problem is, at any given time, any collector worth his salt can find a half dozen GNXs worth considering in less than a day. Until these cars find their way back into the hands of the true collectors with deep pockets, and aren't constantly offered for sale, they aren't going back to the price range previously attained. Just my 2 cents. Again, unlikely to be too well received here. :)

Sad but true. Well, maybe not so sad, this way I may still have a chance to own a GNX, it is next on my list.

But agreeing with your theory because I have always wondered why the TTA has not gone up in value and can be found for less then a well kept GN.... Only 1555 of these were made, not 20,o00+ like the GN ......but it is the same story only you can find a dozen or more for sale at any time.... including a mint 800HP stage 2 TTA which is still for sale on this site right now.

I think stage1gn's post is dead on, although I'm not surprised to see it poorly received in this forum. GNX's aren't fetching what they did a few years years ago, most likely for the very reasons he identified. Should GNX prices have risen into the six figure range when they did? Maybe not. Will they return there one day? Probably. But they currently lack the one thing a highly collectible car needs...exclusivity. "What?!?" the purists will cry. With only 547 built, they are the most exclusive American iron of their era. But that's not the problem. The problem is, at any given time, any collector worth his salt can find a half dozen GNXs worth considering in less than a day. Until these cars find their way back into the hands of the true collectors with deep pockets, and aren't constantly offered for sale, they aren't going back to the price range previously attained. Just my 2 cents. Again, unlikely to be too well received here. :)

I think you hit the nail on the head. Here's another example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...me=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_948

GNX's have fallen slightly from their peek prices in 2007 but not as much as many other collectible cars. We need to remember that as late as 2003 you could pick up a low milage GNX for a few thousand over sticker price. Then they more than doubled in 3 to 4 years. Now would be good a good time to pick one up. I don't see them falling any further in price. And they are not making anymore of them.

Pete

GNX's have fallen slightly from their peek prices in 2007 but not as much as many other collectible cars. We need to remember that as late as 2003 you could pick up a low milage GNX for a few thousand over sticker price. Then they more than doubled in 3 to 4 years. Now would be good a good time to pick one up. I don't see them falling any further in price. And they are not making anymore of them.

Pete

what were they sticker price?

I'm counting around 20 or so gnx being sold at this very minute
Gnx have softened up, however it's a buyers market now

As a gnx owner I'm aware of it however some gnx owners here are not and are still commanding 100k
Gnx prices

The stickers on both of mine were $18,754,.....and they don't have twilight sentinel,or the factory security system.So would have been more.

Sorry,refering to 87 GN window sticker price.I've had one now for 21 years,never had window sticker.Just bought a 1,400 mile 87 GN,exact twin to my first one,and have that window sticker,$18,574.

This NO RESERVE auction will give us a good idea of what a low mile GNX is worth today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...6616475?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27d0c9e39b

I find it hard to believe someone would run a 7-10 auction with no reserve for a car of this caliber,if they end it before the actual auction end,it really wasn't a no res auction and he wasn't happy with the number,if it ends,then yes,most likely is an accurate number,unless he had friends bid it up and they become the winning bid,he has to pay final fees on the price.Pay attention to the cars #,and if it comes up for sale rather quickly on another site,ntm,same location of seller.Lots of games can be played with ebay/auctions,thats why I like seeing a car for sale right out there with a price and availability to go and inspect it,and exchange moneys hand to hand !!!!!
Also avoid auctions with cloudy pics,don't tell me you can't take quality pics when trying to sell something .I take and give high quality resolution pics when I'm selling a part or even a low dollar car !!

I find it hard to believe someone would run a 7-10 auction with no reserve for a car of this caliber,if they end it before the actual auction end,it really wasn't a no res auction and he wasn't happy with the number,if it ends,then yes,most likely is an accurate number,unless he had friends bid it up and they become the winning bid,he has to pay final fees on the price.Pay attention to the cars #,and if it comes up for sale rather quickly on another site,ntm,same location of seller.Lots of games can be played with ebay/auctions,thats why I like seeing a car for sale right out there with a price and availability to go and inspect it,and exchange moneys hand to hand !!!!!
Also avoid auctions with cloudy pics,don't tell me you can't take quality pics when trying to sell something .I take and give high quality resolution pics when I'm selling a part or even a low dollar car !!

That looks like a really nice example. Within the last few years these cars don't seem to do very well on ebay usually bringing wholesale at best but mostly resulting in a no sale. The car says it's in Dallas TX and I was ready to go take a look, but then the ad says it's in Boise ID :( Wouldn't it be easy to update the actual location with ebay so people aren't mislead? Anyway that car should bring $75K IMHO. Will it?? Guess we'll all have to wait and see Exciting! :cool: