GNX Presentation at BPG

gbsean

After numerous e-mails and phone calls I am posting what and when this presentation will happen

Presentation will be in the Jeg's suite in the tower
will start sometime between noon and 1pm on Saturday

Doug Nigro will be doing a power point presentation

Louis Infante will be talking about the logistics between Buick and ASC and what was involved in the creation and production of the GNX

Rick Hunt will provide information on the actual building of the GNX as well as bringing some rare parts

Dennis Kirban will also present on how he became the premier vendor of NOS and reproduction parts

We will also have Brad Conleys only surviving Prototype that was based on the 1986 Grand National

Rick Hunt will also have X-ray present

Lous Infante will have his GNX000 which was the quality control vehicle at ASC...they used this car to check the production cars to make sure they were correct

The Event is only 3 weeks away and there is still time to book a room and attend,, There will also be a special bonus that cannot be announced at this time...but it is big and you need to be there

This will probably never happen again and I would hate you GNX owners to think 10 years from now you missed it

Sean-We will be attending the show and doing an article for Muscle Car Review, our fourth article in a row on you guys. Thanks, Bill Holder

Days away......I will be bringing some neat items to see.....

I have a GNX X-ray I want you to sign
DSC_2155 (1024x525).jpg
DSC_2154 (1024x548).jpg
DSC_2157 (1024x503).jpg
DSC_2156 (1024x482).jpg

So what did everyone think???

Hi Sean,

Wanted to thank you and the rest of your Team for putting together a great weekend of racing and entertainment!

I attended this presentation and thought it was GREAT! Very enjoyable to hear some of the history and stories from behind the scenes at ASC/ McLaren during the time when these were being built. I learned a lot of history and about these cars.

However, I got there way before the presentation started so I would be ensured of good seating. While waiting I had a chance to speak with Andrew Fillipone about his "Black Air" production & also with Rick Hunt "GNXray" while they were getting set up.

Was lucky enough to be sitting in the front room and was able to clearly see and hear all the discussions / presentations. I did feel badly for the many that were not able to sit in the front room, as they were not able to see or hear very well (if at all).
If I could respectfully make one suggestion for future group presentation, it would be to have some video monitors strategically placed around the rear room. Also if all the speakers were mic'd (using a microphone) their voices would also be heard by all so the presentations & discussions could be enjoyed to the fullest.

Overall a big thumbs up!

Looking forward to next years bash.

Dave

The monitors that were in the room were not working...As we are looking at a new Hotel that has conference rooms the presentation will be done at that Hotel after the track event so that everyone has a chance to attend...The video Equipment was mine project and Screen and the mic and Amp/Speaker were other Directors items...Andrew did Repay the segment again and the ASC personal did stick around to answer questions. and yes it was pretty awesome

2 thumbs up Sean and the rest of BPG team. Hearing some the stories about the planning of the GNX was great. Thoroughly loved the movie preview. Can't wait to see the enitre movie.

Thanks

I had a great time....anyone have a PIC of me in my get up....for those not there I wore the same shirt I had on in the GNX book 25 years ago...the white ASC McLaren T shirt....and yes it was a little small even for me.

Had a great time, wish more gnx's would have come to the show. Thanks for putting up my pic sean.. Thats me in the front with the black X hat on. It was nice to hear some real history of the cars..... Glad my dash doesn't have a 13 on it:)

I will tell you that Rick Doug Louis and Dean did a great job. I am sure there are a lot more stories to be told.. and I know a few...what was really cool was that Doug and Rick showed up at the Hampton and had a few beers with the party crowd

Rick did an excellent job of presenting his collection of master and prototype parts never seen in public before, as well as recounting his many interesting experiences working on the GNX Program some 25 years ago!

Attachments

• DSC01412.JPG
    DSC01412.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01413.JPG
    DSC01413.JPG
    586.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC01414.JPG
    DSC01414.JPG
    566.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC01425.JPG
    DSC01425.JPG
    571.6 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    527.4 KB · Views: 139
A huge Thank you to Doug, Louis, Rick, Dennis, and the other speakers for taking the trip out to Ohio and doing this presentation for the Buick enthusiasts! Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated by all that attended and listened to a great presentation! Without your efforts (and memory! :)) an event like this would not be as amazing as it was! Thank you!

I liked hearing the inside information from the guys who whorked on these cars. ...Movie preview was first class

The presentation portion alone made the 1,400 mile round trip more than worth it!
Where else could anyone tap into the resources that played such an integral part of creating the GNX.
It's mind boggling to think of what was accomplished back then, in such a short time frame, and for such a large corporation.
As for the 20 minute portion of the movie to be released on December 11th, all I can say is WOW! Christmas is going to come two weeks early this year.