GNX Owners.....Point of Sale????

6 Bangr

So I was wondering if anyone knows of a list of dealerships that originally sold a GNX, and which GNX it was that they sold. Was the Dealership printed on the window sticker?

Hey, If you own a GNX, and know where it was originally purchased (ie: #546, Darby Buick, Sarasota FL), please let me know and I will work on such a list if one does not exist. Please be sure about your info.

And if you have pics of your numbered dash plaque or a scan of your window sticker please post...That kinda stuff gives me wood! I know....pathetic.

Joe Harrington has a list of the car numbers, as well as what dealerships sold them new. As far as I know it is the only one that exists, and kept somewhat confidential.

I have a list of GNX's that I saw brand new in my home state of NJ. And yes, they did have a markup on them back then. Some dealers were getting $10-20K over sticker because of their "instant collector car" status.

As a matter of fact, one dealer still has a GNX on their showroom floor as I type this.:eek:

I agree with Herb. Confidentiality is key with any rare vehicle.

troGNman said:
I have a list of GNX's that I saw brand new in my home state of NJ. And yes, they did have a markup on them back then. Some dealers were getting $10-20K over sticker because of their "instant collector car" status.

As a matter of fact, one dealer still has a GNX on their showroom floor as I type this.:eek:

I agree with Herb. Confidentiality is key with any rare vehicle.

I work about 5 mins from that car. I can't believe they leave it out in the open though. It keeps getting new small scratches in it from people walking around it in the showroom. :(

But it still has only 400 somethin miles. :eek:

It's probably in similar condition to the 1987 Buick Grand National that was still in the showroom at Wright's Buick in Manassas, VA. The last time I looked at it there was 285+ miles on the odometer. The dealer had a window sticker on it for $44K. I don't know if it is still in the showroom as I have not been back there for over two years. :)

the buick dealership that I work for sold 3 of them.....I have the VIN #'s and the dash #'s. (i just need to find them)
1st one was sold for sticker, the 2nd one was sold before it came in but they marked it up when it was PDI'd for $7500.oo over sticker....the dealership was sued and the customer won and got the car for sticker and the 3rd was sold for sticker because then the dealership owner was gun-shy. :eek: