GNX inspired dash

Tony,
The out could be used in place of the 4th wire going to the VSS and tac convertor but if you made a harness like the on I did no you do not need to use it. I tried to make this wireing harness so that it would work with any brand of gauge to make it easier on any one that would try to follow what I have done.
Glock ,
There are no dashes available now except the GNX reprodiction for 2k here is a link to my web site it has a little explination on dashes that I did. https://sites.google.com/site/whatwazithinking/ hope it helps some I havent updated it in a while but after the holidays I will have some down time and will finnish it up.
The speedhut gauges are as close to plug in play as you can get Ill try to snap a few picks of the wireing for the dash plug tonight if I can for you if not im off next tuesday maybe I can finnish the write up on my web site.
If you dont feel comtorable doing the harnes your self let me know I could make the wiring for you as long as your not in a big hurry this time of year is ruff on me at work lots of over time. I am trying to get a new dash pannel CNC cut that would replace the hole dash pannel no mod to the stock one needed any more but its going to be big $$ im thinking 500 to 600 for one. not including guages and wiring you could end up with a 2k dask like the GNX but it would be all aluminam no plastic.

It would cool if we could get a scanmaster in a standard gauge size...I would love to put a scanmaster in the dash. Will all the GNX style dashes being done, you'd think that it would be a viable idea for Full Throttle to pursue.

I have installed a GNX style dash and my cruise does not work and the scanmaster shows a malfunction code 24 - Bad VSS sender. Can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong or where to look? I followed the instructions above and built the harness as instructed above. Thanks.

Bad ground maybe does your speedo work?how is the power going in to it check the power at the conector on the speedo end to besure your getting power there. you could try runing a wire straight from the VSS convertor to the ECM and see if that makes a diffrence. The cruz should be getting its feed from the the speed sender then the tach convertor its totaly seprate from the VSS. If both the VSS and cruz are not getting a signal I would look at the speedo sender.

Bad ground maybe does your speedo work?how is the power going in to it check the power at the conector on the speedo end to besure your getting power there. you could try runing a wire straight from the VSS convertor to the ECM and see if that makes a diffrence. The cruz should be getting its feed from the the speed sender then the tach convertor its totaly seprate from the VSS. If both the VSS and cruz are not getting a signal I would look at the speedo sender.

Yes the speedo works. so maybe I have a bad connection with the VSS wire to the ECM?

there use to be a few peolpe selling them but i dont know if any one thatis now you will have to make it your self or have it made. Im trying to get a new one made my self.

Ok I may have over looked it, but where is everyone getting there gauge panel from?

Originally Tom Houser was making them under the brand name of GNX Performance Instruments, but he went out of business. They were very nice, his work was excellent, and he was able to do allot of customizing. Unfortunately, he's not doing it anymore. If you see a listing for one from the now defunct Postons I would recommend that you pass on it. They were selling his dashes but when he stopped supplying them they started making them and they weren't very good quality.

World of MotorWorks - Buick Grand National, GNX, Camaro, Mustang Parts and Accessories sells them and they've gotten allot of good comments.

Thats right folks! and for those who dont know, Don sold poor Earl the car which was the biggest friggun turd I had ever seen.

Looking good Earl

I'm just now seeing this comment. Is this really necessary? Earl is cool with me. I'm not even going to waste my time trying to "explain" myself to you. I only had that car a couple months and sold him the car exactly for what I paid for it. So stay out of mine and your friend's business and get a life.

Earl, very nice writeup. Very detailed. Hope the car is doing well.

i followed earls instructions and ordered my gauges from speed hut also,only twist is i added a shift light from them into the panel. I had built the dash panel plate right off earls template and wiring. the only thing that does not work is my cruise.but i think it has something to do with the fact i do not have a dumb light for brake circuit so it doesnt complete circuit.i have not really dug into it being speedo reads,scanmaster,and ecm all have signal.just matter of fixing the cruise but here is my dash.......

I also had a overlay made so it had the lil grey factory stripe look,this is before i added the shift light.

198561_10150181453297559_691297558_8700313_2305417_n.jpg

i followed earls instructions and ordered my gauges from speed hut also,only twist is i added a shift light from them into the panel. I had built the dash panel plate right off earls template and wiring. the only thing that does not work is my cruise.but i think it has something to do with the fact i do not have a dumb light for brake circuit so it doesnt complete circuit.i have not really dug into it being speedo reads,scanmaster,and ecm all have signal.just matter of fixing the cruise but here is my dash.......

I also had a overlay made so it had the lil grey factory stripe look,this is before i added the shift light.

View attachment 148012

Looks ust outstanding!
How much did the whole setup cost you?
Any gotcha's I should look out for.

i want to do this and upgrade my suspension ASAP.