GNX fuel gauge - NEED HELP

GNX Jerry

I have installed a NOS GNX dash in my 87 GN. The fuel gauge needle jumps back and forth, mostly when under 1/2 tank.
The GN was originally a digital dash equipped car. Therefore, the digital fuel sender in the gas tank was swapped for an analog sender. This made the needle jump less eratic but not eliminated

What is necessary to correct this and make my fuel gauge work accurately??????

Happens on the real one's too. If you are electrically inclined, you could try a capacitor across the terminals to smooth the movement.

Personally I think it's better to have it a little jumpy because that's telling you in real time how close you are to starving the fuel pump.

Mike

It's a small world Mike..I grew up in Woodcliff Lake and remember Paramus Park Mall when it was new. That's when Pele was playing soccer for the NY Cosmos.

Well now you are really dating yourself ;) Sounds like I'm not too much younger though.

I guess about 5 years ago, they did some remodeling with a significant change- when I graduated high school, they took our class picture in front of the big waterfall in the center. That water fall is totally gone now, it's open with a little fountain down there.

[:)