GNX for 15 grand

fbody4me

Has anyone watched a show on discovery channel called Fat and Furious? I just watched Mondays show and they had a GNX that they bought for 15,000. They bought it out of a storage locker! WHY CANT I FIND DEALS LIKE THAT! Any way i just wondered if anyone knew of the car and the story behind it? They are from Youngstown Ohio. I wonder how it ended up in a storage locker?

I agree, it had to be falsified. They bought it for $15k, got it running by changing out fuel tanks and sold it for $30k, give me a break :wtf:. Did you notice how it was staged in the storage locker, with the cover just covering the front GNX emblem, so they could do a reveal? Did you happen to notice it had the original gator backs on it? Those morons did not even know what made a GNX a GNX other than limited number production, they kept referring to it as having a Turbo. o_O I find it particularly odd they did not mention what number it was.... because it was all BS!

So I'm not the only one that thinks that was pure fantasy. If it was real, than the fat guy that sold it is a total ignoramus. It appeared to be in real nice shape nonetheless. how about the idiot selling it from the locker- ever hear of nada or bluebook or CPI index? The big question is did it have a clean title? didn't hear anything about that but most cars bought from storage actions don't have titles.

Kept waiting for them to say what # is was.... Since that wasn't revealed I'm calling total BS on it being a real X. IF it WAS a REAL X then it was an FBI model.

It is believed to be real. It had the rear suspension, coated up pipe, and a few other items that would be kinda hard to get. Dont get me wrong...it could be fake, but it is not believed so. There is another thread where a few other guys pointed out other things that were real.

It's a show loosely based on realty and to get the public into thinking they can flip cars and think they can make 15k doing hardly anything

Maybe it was that GNX that shows up on Craigslist every couple of months. All you have to do is wire the money to Nigeria.

I was just happy to watch the gnx on the screen, top gear had a 80s car shoot out with a GN too.
Im not buying the price at all but it's reality tv nothing realistic about it.
I've never seen a gnx for under 80k

I was just happy to watch the gnx on the screen, top gear had a 80s car shoot out with a GN too.
Im not buying the price at all but it's reality tv nothing realistic about it.
I've never seen a gnx for under 80k

Never seen a GNX for under $80K...really? I can tell you of at least 3 that are for sale right now that are well under not on $80K, but well under $60K...dare I say low $50's? All with very low miles ranging from 8 - 11K miles. Kind of funny the chatter that the X's bring. Information on these cars varies wildly, even on boards like this where people should know better.

Anytime Ive see them on ebay they were 80k. Sorry I guess I didn't " know better "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anytime Ive see them on ebay they were 80k. Sorry I guess I didn't " know better "

Wasn't trying to insult you, but I am also a fan of having accurate information. The "actual" selling prices for GNX's are very different from some of the asking prices. Actual sales, which I do keep track of tell the true story. I have a database of transactions on GNX's going back several years. I can actually graph the up and down trends on them and lay over graphs to show the same if I ever had a desire to do so. In any event, you are obviously a fellow Buick enthusiast, so please accept my apology if I came off as rude or abrasive.

No worrys at all . I just got my GN after wanting one since I'm a kid. The GNX cars were always out of my price range so I've never dug too deep into the pricing. Just what I saw while searching for my GN. I posted pics of #1 from the GM heritage collection yesterday on here .

I live in Youngstown and know someone who works on the show behind the scenes,and he said the whole show is staged, those guys don't do any actual work on the cars; he also said it was a real GNX that they borrowed from the owner, and staged the whole story for the show.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app