GNX Flare Fit and Finish

I said I'd post a pic when I got mine on, this is pre-paint, w/o welting, just a test fit.
These are from bweavy, and they fit VERY well, and were a breeze to install (I did my fronts like OEM GNXs to gain clearance for my ultra lowered stance.
Next is trade the 275/30-20 rears for 35 series to get more sidewall on it.

Greg, when you say you did the front like OEM GNX flares, you mean you modded the inner steel support?.... do you have pics of this?

Greg, when you say you did the front like OEM GNX flares, you mean you modded the inner steel support?.... do you have pics of this?

Yeah, I cut the fender lips off as illustrated on a post I found here, made some "L" brackets and trimmed the fiberglass lips meant to attach to the OEM fenders so they hit my brackets. I gained well over an inch of room, and they are SNUG w/ no gaps!

greg...you getting rid of 275/30s? what kind? I'm wanting to pull my 255/35s off for something wider.

I need at least 275, maybe even 285s to fill the flares now. Man I don't recall what mine are, I bought 4 sets of tires at the same time. I'll look and get back w/ you.

Yeah, I cut the fender lips off as illustrated on a post I found here, made some "L" brackets and trimmed the fiberglass lips meant to attach to the OEM fenders so they hit my brackets. I gained well over an inch of room, and they are SNUG w/ no gaps!

I think that image is in the GNX section... I recall seeing it once upon a time... I also have those pics of that total-loss GNX that was rebuilt and that kind of shows the setup... just dont know if I have the gumption to cut up my car like that... (I'm a wuss) BUt funny... I'd be perfectly willing to do a mini-tub... :wink:

I have always wanted the GNX flares for my car but most of the one's that I've seen close-up looked so fake. Most of them the fit was so bad that in spots I could put a finger between the flare and the fender.

I still want them but not if they are going to look like that......

I have always wanted the GNX flares for my car but most of the one's that I've seen close-up looked so fake. Most of them the fit was so bad that in spots I could put a finger between the flare and the fender.

I still want them but not if they are going to look like that......

I have sold well over 300 sets of these & never had a set returned due to a fitment issue.

There are also a few singles floating around on real GNX's

I have sold well over 300 sets of these & never had a set returned due to a fitment issue.

Amazing parts, great company and quick to take care of the customer. I will continue to have Gbodyparts at the top of my list.

GNX Fender Flares and Fitment

I have no idea if they were gbodyparts flares or not. I was not saying that so there is no need to get defensive. I stand by what I said because I can prove it.

I have ordered things from gbodyparts. I have no complaints.

I have no idea if they were gbodyparts flares or not. I was not saying that so there is no need to get defensive. I stand by what I said because I can prove it.

I have ordered things from gbodyparts. I have no complaints.

I dont think Bweavy is being defensive... but I do think that was a shameless plug...

Howdy Bryan... :biggrin:

I dont think Bweavy is being defensive... but I do think that was a shameless plug...

Howdy Bryan... :biggrin:

Well it was shameless but you have to remember we get new guys here every day & read these posts. If it was ours I would have taken care of it.

How ya been? :biggrin:

longball if you want a set we do stand behind them. Not being defensive or shamelessly plugging. :wink: