GNX Flare Fit and Finish

Vertigo107

Hey,

With the aftermarket GNX wheel flares that are available, has the fit been satisfactory for those that have used them? Any issues with mounting them using the supplied screws and such? I am seriously thinking of adding them to my car, but would like to know how others feel about them. THANKS!!

Mine will be here this week, I got them from gbodyparts.com. They got their molds from a gnx w/ the flares on the car I believe. So I have high expectations....even though they sell them at a VERY reasonable price.

We have put-on 2 sets(aftermarket), BOTH from different vendors. BOTH sets required work to fix PERFECT!!!! No 2 cars are the same.
Alittle filler/fiberglass and TIME to get right, if your are "pickey"---if not, slap-em' on and go.

i just picked up a use set locally..any pointers on how to install proberly? all i got was four flares with the rubber trim..no hardware also can the same screws and holes be used that hold up the fender trim?

I bought mine from an ebay vendor about 8 years ago. They seemed to fit fine, I didn't mess with them without the rubber trim. Only complaint I have is the adhesive on the rubber trim seems to ooze out in the heat:mad:
0719081151.jpg

Roc87-
Where did you get the vents at, i bought a set from xxxyyy's and they were junky plastic piece that was already starting to split apart and brand new.

BW :)

Roc87-
Where did you get the vents at, i bought a set from xxxyyy's and they were junky plastic piece that was already starting to split apart and brand new.

BW :)

I had a set from the place I believe you mention, one high speed blast on the freeway and that vent learned to fly:eek:. I think the ones I have now are also from that same vendor off ebay that I got the flares. I'll have to search and see if they still sell em. I still have them held on with double sided tape, but at least I have the 3M on these, and the back of these are actually flat unlike the curve on the old ones.

I do seem to remember that I did drill some new holes for the screws. Its been a long time, but I think I had a hard time lining up everything to use the existing trim holes. I'd probably stay away from the double sided tape for the flares, seems like a bad place to hold moisture.

Mine does'nt have the rubber trim {welting} and though I recently bought the welting to install, I've learned to like them w/out the trim.

one last question.. are you guys leaving the fender trim on or off? i was thinking why drill holes on that if you dont have too.

one last question.. are you guys leaving the fender trim on or off? i was thinking why drill holes on that if you dont have too.

Nope, my trims were in good shape, so I sold them, made more than enough to pay for the flares:D

so i just left the paint shop and they taxed me 500 for the paint and install of the flares.. plus 150 to tint the taillights and 250 to wet sand,polish and wax the car. man i cant wait to get her back and see how nice she is going to look.

I said I'd post a pic when I got mine on, this is pre-paint, w/o welting, just a test fit.
These are from bweavy, and they fit VERY well, and were a breeze to install (I did my fronts like OEM GNXs to gain clearance for my ultra lowered stance.
Next is trade the 275/30-20 rears for 35 series to get more sidewall on it.

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 594
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 587
Do any flares come in urathane?

not that I am aware of, however the g-body parts fiberglass flares I have are easily the nicest fiberglass parts I have gotten from any vendor in 20+ years and 14 car builds. Very happy, I will def. continue to deal w/ the guys over there!