GNX Clone Picture

dont meany to hijack but all clone would be cool too. that is the only way i can afford anything that resembles a GNX is a clone. dave

dont meany to hijack but all clone would be cool too. that is the only way i can afford anything that resembles a GNX is a clone. dave
Here's my hardtop clone.It just MIGHT be on the market this summer. ;)
IM000202.jpg

enginerafuse.jpg

can I ask you what kit ,from what company you used for the flares and the vents looking for the best fit and the vents that are rigid not the kiban type that are flimsy,also am looking for some reasonable priced GNX emblems for the grille and the trunk.

Thanks Brian

can I ask you what kit ,from what company you used for the flares and the vents looking for the best fit and the vents that are rigid not the kiban type that are flimsy,also am looking for some reasonable priced GNX emblems for the grille and the trunk.

Thanks Brian
I have the Ebay flares from dankodirect,I paid about $200 5 years ago.I think they are $240 now.I don't know how they compare side by side to the Kirban flares or real GNX flares but they were quite a bit cheaper than Kirbans.The quality is good,they require some prep work like any gelcoat fiberglass.One issue you will run into is GTA front wheels work well on GNs but on a GNX clone they have too much backspacing to fill the flares.They have the tucked in look with flares.If money is no object you could get the backspacing changed on GTA wheels (not cheap) or use spacers or live with the tucked in look. :frown:
As for fender vents,I got those about 5 years ago when GNX Guy (Joe H.) had lots of parts,blueprints and tooling from ASC.He used to have the actual molds from ASC to make the vents.I got the vents from him.I can't recall the exact price but they were over $300.:confused: A lot more than repros but they were well worth it,I'm not crazy about the flimsy repros either.
As for emblems,snag those from Pete if possible.They have been going for quite a bit on Ebay lately.

MeanBuicks had a clone w/TTops but it was stolen.If you look him up in the members list there are pics before and after in his signature. :frown:

Here's my hardtop clone.It just MIGHT be on the market this summer. ;)
IM000202.jpg

enginerafuse.jpg

That looks hot!