GNX Body Tag

8t7gn

Does anyone know if there are any GNX's out there that does not have "GNX" stamped on the body tag below the driver's side windshield or all 547 should have it? Thanks.

What number GNX is it? I have heard that some of the earlier cars may have gotten things that the later GNX's did not get. It may be possible that small details like that got over looked. They were assembled by people who have lazy days or bad days.

Last time I had a close look at GNX #001 I noticed that it didn't have "GNX" stamped on the body tag. I know that #405 does.

-john

I may be getting confused with the "ASC" lettering on the emissions sticker on the heat box.
One of the two, or maybe both were missing on GNX #001.

-john

You seen no. one, from what i understand true no. one was crushed after testing was final.

,Dan

Daniel Jost said:
You seen no. one, from what i understand true no. one was crushed after testing was final.

,Dan
GNX 001 is alive and well, runs and drives and is owned by GM. It was at the GS nats this last May........It does have the GNX stamped on the ID tag but it does NOT have an ASC emission label........
27018.jpg

38598.jpg

38599.jpg

Thanks for clearing that one up 1badGT. Even had a photo of the body tag! After I made my first post and slept on it, I had to make my second post.

-john

Rick Hunt-who worked on the ASC assembly line for years-said all the prototypes were suppose to be destroyed. We all know the 1986 prototype(it had ECC) one of the engineers had got SAE passed so GM sold it to him and he sold it to the guy(Diabo) that has the GSX prototype also. Rick also stated that they all weren't destroyed(crushed)but some were taken apart. I was able to get a prototype GNX intercooler-unfortunately without documentation from the **** club(Lasseter). So I know they all weren't crushed. All in all,it's good history that makes things interesting.

GENE ROSS said:
We all know the 1986 prototype(it had ECC) one of the engineers had got SAE passed so GM sold it to him and he sold it to the guy(Diabo) that has the GSX prototype also .
His name is Brad Conley ;)

That's right,I was thinking restorers. It is Brad that owns both the prototypes & won't say what he paid(proof)to help keep the value of these cars up. Amyway,it's neat that one guy owns both of them.

GNX 021 's tag lacks the GNX stamping. We pulled the broadcast sheet from driver;s door. It said GNX. RegalDave said he saw 013 and it had the tag stampped.

hotrodgary said:
GNX 021 's tag lacks the GNX stamping. We pulled the broadcast sheet from driver;s door. It said GNX. RegalDave said he saw 013 and it had the tag stampped.
Everyone i'v ever seen (whick is alot), all had the tag stamped. The very early ones did not have the ASC emission label though.......

No Stamp

for those keeping track, gnx 028 has no gnx stamped on the body tag and it is a genuine car also. guess some do and some don't. :confused:

As long as we are keeping track.GNX#011 does not have the tag stamped either.And it is the real deal.

I guess ASC had good days and bad days, like the rest of us at work. But seriously, that is a bit f----d up. With a car of that limited edition, they should all have the same features.

I guess ASC had good days and bad days, like the rest of us at work. But seriously, that is a bit f----d up. With a car of that limited edition, they should all have the same features.

Maybe they had deadlines on a Friday afternoon . . . I wouldn't fault them for that :D