GNX at Mecum Auction this week

twinvipers

The 300 mile GNX that was supposed to be at Barret-Jackson is running through the Mecum auction this week in Il. Anyone going ? 2 GN's also.

My dad and I were thinking of going, want me to bid for you? :D I'll even drive it home for you. :eek:

DCVING 6 said:
My dad and I were thinking of going, want me to bid for you? :D I'll even drive it home for you. :eek:

Sounds good.........Bid 80K..........I'm good for it :biggrin:

please post here when you know what they all went for(GN's that is)

twinvipers said:
The 300 mile GNX that was supposed to be at Barret-Jackson is running through the Mecum auction this week in Il. Anyone going ? 2 GN's also.

I am really interested to see how that auction does. The have corraled the best collection of muscle cars I have seen in one place, ever. Look at the list, makes BJ look weak in comparison. Their auctions, if I am not mistaken are reserve so it should be interesting if this is the case.

The word yesterday was that Reggie Jackson bought an 11,000 mile unmodded GN for 27K. Seems fair.

mikec1969 said:
The word yesterday was that Reggie Jackson bought an 11,000 mile unmodded GN for 27K. Seems fair.

Plus fees, he could have bought my 6k mile car for that :biggrin:

keep the news coming

There was a two owner original unmodded GN with 6000 miles and a factory sunroof that sold Friday for 27K plus fee's.

I don't have any information on the GNX yet. My friend who is at the auction and bid the 6000 mile sunroof GN up to 25K for me said as of Friday he hadn't seen the GNX yet. He is a muscle car collector so maybe he missed the GNX?

DCVING 6 said:
While your there bid on the 1970 Chevlle LS6 with 27 org miles,,,now thats a real rare car.... :cool:

Here is what I am told and take the information with a grain of salt since I wasn't there. Remember to add 6% sellers fee and 5% buyers fee to all deals.

87 300 mile GNX 80K
Dragon snake 1.5K
69 LS 6 27mile chevelle a no sale at 400K
70 GSX 27,000 miles? 127K

GNX # 41 said:
Here is what I am told and take the information with a grain of salt since I wasn't there. Remember to add 6% sellers fee and 5% buyers fee to all deals.

87 300 mile GNX 80K
Dragon snake 1.5K
69 LS 6 27mile chevelle a no sale at 400K
70 GSX 27,000 miles? 127K

Thanks for the info. Thought the GNX would have fetched more at this auction. The guy should have brought it to B-J as he originally planned. There were a few guys there waiting to spend around 100K on it.
If anyone has seen the car in person, please let us know what shape it was in.

GNX on it's way home

Ok everyone, I finally bought my gnx. The search wasn't that hard,just not sure which one to buy. I thought about trying the auction and it was a low mile mint car, happy with my decision. Mecum treated me excellent, first class all the way. May have pics and details later. :D :D :D

nick19 said:
Ok everyone, I finally bought my gnx. The search wasn't that hard,just not sure which one to buy. I thought about trying the auction and it was a low mile mint car, happy with my decision. Mecum treated me excellent, first class all the way. May have pics and details later. :D :D :D
i hope that you don't mind that i drooled on your car when i saw it at the auction. :eek: :biggrin: