GNX 30 pound boost gauge...prototype

JamestownGNX

I have a Stewart Warner 30 pound boost gauge, rumor is it is a prototype gauge for the GNX. Anyone have any insight on this gauge?

Attachments

• Picture 857.jpg
    Picture 857.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 404
All the Prototypes I was around and drive had the Stewart Warner gauges, but did not have the GNX Buick scripted.

No production gauge would ever have that type of information on it ,so making a prototype gauge without the fuel symbol (that is a federal requirement) does no make sense. I put the dash in the prototype vehicles and none had this. Buick would have never even considered putting in a gauge that did not have vacuum readings. Sorry to say this looks like what someone may have hoped what the gauge would like and not what Buick would have ever considered. Sorry:frown:

But if it did not have the script on it I would like to put it in my car because now I need one that goes that high.:D

Joe Harrington out there.....

Maybey Joe can shed some light on this gauge, as it appears that he had this gauge availble when he was selling GNX parts. Here is a heading link to the gauge, but his site is down.

GNX PARTS NOS & OEM
Prototype GNX Boost Gauge (RARE). Stewart Warner GNX Turbo Boost Gauge 30LBS with Stewart Warner and GNX Logo (RARE). Blue Prints and Drawings ...
www.hbscomputers.com/gnxparts1/