GNX 260 at Mecum Auctions, Kansas City, 12/2

I contacted Mecum three times on this car. looking for mileage and other info. The Mecum guy advised it needs a minimum of 60k to sell. I'm still waiting on the mileage call from them........

DESCRIPTION from their ad:

- 260 of 547 built
- 2 owner car
- Original window sticker
- Have book, cap and jacket
- Stored in heated and air condition garage for 21 years
- All original except oil cap
- New headliner and battery
- Just replaced power antenna
- 14,600 actual miles
- 2nd place at Buick National in Bowling Green, KY

I would also like to hear from someone that was there or has seen it in person. It looked very nice on TV. Anyone know if it has been repainted? The paint looked almost too good in HD without the characteristic orange peel.

I saw the car today at the auction. It looked like a nice car with14K miles. The owner stated he had owned for 22 years. He bought it out of Alabama. 60K will buy it. He lives in Washington,Mo. Not far from St. Louis.

I saw the car today at the auction. It looked like a nice car with14K miles. The owner stated he had owned for 22 years. He bought it out of Alabama. 60K will buy it. He lives in Washington,Mo. Not far from St. Louis.

Did it appear to be a repaint?

Did you buy the Boss 302 today?

No,Why do you ask?

Just curious, I know you like Mustangs and I thought of you. (Hemmings Ads in the past) I was in KC on business (I stay at Legends) this week and saw a lot of cars heading into the city on trailers. When I saw that orange car roll across I wondered if you were there.....

I also stay in Independence a lot....

Just curious, I know you like Mustangs and I thought of you. (Hemmings Ads in the past) I was in KC on business (I stay at Legends) this week and saw a lot of cars heading into the city on trailers. When I saw that orange car roll across I wondered if you were there.....

My wife and I have had 39 Mustangs,7 BB Chevelle SS's,and 3 BB GS 455 Buicks,BUT the 86 GN we now have is the most fun. I have never been a fan of the Boss 302. For the money the GNX at the auction would be much more appealing!!

If it is truly an original paint car, then it is the most well polished, cleanest, most orange peel absent and best looking original paint I have ever seen on any one of the >100 I have seen and seriously considered . If it is as nice in person as it appeared to be on TV I would seriously consider making a cash offer very near to the sellers lowest acceptable selling price.

If it is truly an original paint car, then it is the most well polished, cleanest, most orange peel absent and best looking original paint I have ever seen on any one of the >100 I have looked closely at.

They all look better underneath the lights. The paint is nice,BUT not without scratches. It could use a buff,but for original paint it was very nice as is!!!
For $60k I wold think a bargain!!!