gnx 249 anyone see this yet

so, what ever happened!??! did the ORIGINAL owner get the car back? did it go to a NEW OWNER?? ... i'M DYIN TO KNOW!!
After having read stolen GN/TType threads for a few hours, I have a knot in my stomach!.. I've worked hard since i was a kid, and always dreamed of owning the 87' GN i now have... I would be absolutely heartbroken if it disappeared! .. This makes me rethink leaving it in the driveway, as pictured. My 1970 Bronco is going out in the driveway now, and the GN will take it's place.. It's a toss up which one is worth more, but the first gen Bronco's only appeal to outdoors men, and hicks, G bodies, well, not so much.. Too bad, it almost takes the joy out of owning the GN. Almost.
My interest in the stolen section was sparked because in purchasing my car, i came across a 87' GN titled as a v6/2barrel regal, with no rpo sticker.. Was it stolen? Was it a clone? IDK, but if it was a clone, they went to great lengths to make a $12,000 car.. Anyway, it is supposedly from TX, so if anyone is missing a 87'GN hard top from TX (was brought north 2 yrs ago) let me know, I will send you a ton of pics of it, which the seller sent me. When i called him out on the 8th digit being an A , not a 7, and the missing sticker, he got snippy with me, so I called the police in his area to go check the hidden VIN#'s ... The seller did tell me that the # under the hood comes back as a GN, so my guess is it's stolen.

[quote My interest in the stolen section was sparked because in purchasing my car, i came across a 87' GN titled as a v6/2barrel regal, with no rpo sticker.. Was it stolen? Was it a clone? IDK, but if it was a clone, they went to great lengths to make a $12,000 car.. Anyway, it is supposedly from TX, so if anyone is missing a 87'GN hard top from TX (was brought north 2 yrs ago) let me know, I will send you a ton of pics of it, which the seller sent me. When i called him out on the 8th digit being an A , not a 7, and the missing sticker, he got snippy with me, so I called the police in his area to go check the hidden VIN#'s ... The seller did tell me that the # under the hood comes back as a GN, so my guess is it's stolen.[/quote]

Peaks my interest... what is the info on that car?

it was on craigslist, Appleton, WI... As soon as i put an ad on craigslist warning people of the car, it disappeared..The police officer i spoke with had me convinced it was just a clone/fake, but after reading the stolen section here, i wonder.. Here's the VIN; 1G4GJ11A5HP403494.... i really should've looked at this car, but now the ad is gone, and the owner doesn't like me too much. He claims it was brought up from TX 2 yrs ago, even weirder, the stock rims aren't with the car.. the only pics i have are a link to about 50 pics on his pinterest, which has his name on it, i don't want to get into a slander situation, but when my wife comes home today i'll have her see if she can work her magic, n get the pics up here, i suck with computers, but am learning because i bought a GN! :) Anyway, if someone can run this vin, please do, lets see if it really is from TX!

The only unique feature i see on it which is different from any other GN i've ever seen is the center counsel applique around the shifter/ ashtray has the turbo 6 logo, and what looks like the GN logo etched, or stamped in silver. This looks to be factory.

I got give a huge shout out to drew. I looked at that car while it was on craigslist and it looked great for $12,000. I even contacted the seller for a possible purchase but, ran across his ad warning others that it may be stolen. I would have caught it eventually with the VIN swap but, I would definitely say that car was originally a GN. Either that or the best GN clone I've ever seen.

Wow, thanks man!.. That makes me feel good that i potentially saved someone a whole lot of trouble. :DThe seller seemed like he knew nothing, or maybe knew everything, and was just trying to pass his losses onto the next guy. It's a shame that the police didn't want to look into it further, but the officer i had spoken with regarding the matter seemed to think it was a clone. I agree with you 100%.. it was a real GN, & was re-VIN'd in my opinion, as well... If i didn't believe that, i wouldn't have called the police. . Also, i found it strange that the seller refused to let anyone test drive it. He said something about the road he lives on being bad, but i don't care what the roads look like, nobody in their right mind would spend $12,000 on a car, and not drive it. ..Then, when i started to back out, he dropped his price to $10,500!! For a 87' GN with newly rebuilt engine/ trans, with all receipts?? Man, red flags were poppin up all over that situation.. Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad i could help, and hope nobody else ended up with that car, except maybe it's rightful owner!
Always,
~drew~

Last edited:
I got give a huge shout out to drew. I looked at that car while it was on craigslist and it looked great for $12,000. I even contacted the seller for a possible purchase but, ran across his ad warning others that it may be stolen. I would have caught it eventually with the VIN swap but, I would definitely say that car was originally a GN. Either that or the best GN clone I've ever seen.

see reply above..oops.

Last edited: