GNX 239 Has a new Owner

Well the car is going very well! This car is really clean! No rust issues! I have began gathering parts for the car but need some help finding the following:
Front GM fillers
Rear GM fillers
1987 GN GM NOS Head Light Black Buckets
1987 GN GM NOS Grill
NOS GNX Center Caps or used.
NOS GNX Badge
NOS GNX Trunk Badge
GNX Exhaust NOS or Used.
Any help finding these parts would be greatly appreciated!!! Jeff
Kirban sells the spoolfool fillers if you don't mind aftermarket. Highway Stars used to sell NOS front fillers but I don't know if he still does. The rear fillers are hard to find but I've seen them go on ebay for around $1000. The gnx badges pop up on ebay frequently. The grill and headlight buckets are reproduced and look like the originals. Again check with Kirban or Highway Stars. I think Richard Clark can help you with finding the exhaust that you are looking for. If you need an under hood pad there is one on ebay right now with the silkscreening. I don't know if it is the 9 hole or 8 hole but it is brand new in the box. Did you ship the wheels or are you having them done locally? Personally I would be paranoid to let them out of my sight.

Great to hear that this great piece of automotive history will be given the restoration it deserves. I would stay away from old, original bumper fillers. They will crumble soon. Call me if you have any questions on fillers.

Congrats and can't wait to see more pics.:)

Mike Barnard
(949) 433-1257

...was just thinking about this the other day. Glad to hear it and good luck on the restoration!

Thanks everyone! GNX 239 is a really clean rust free car which makes this restoration easy! The parts are the hardest part! I am still looking for the following:
1. Aluminum front bumper support
2. Original GM GNX center Caps
3. Front grill GM NOS or very nice used
4. Original NOS GNX front grill emblem and truck emblem.
5. Front & rear GM fillers
6. Head light Buckets GM & marker lights
7. GNX original exhaust NOS or used
8. Front Header GM used or NOS
9. Complete interior NOS or very nice used.

Here is a picture of the car with the front clip off. Jeff

Attachments

• 1987 GNX Picture 1..JPG
    1987 GNX Picture 1..JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 532
  • 1987 GNX side vents.JPG
    1987 GNX side vents.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 514
Do you think the roof is savable? Looked like a lot of surface rust up there and am guessing it's pitted pretty badly.

5. Front & rear GM fillers

I have a set of NOS front fillers if you want, I believe they are even the correct #'s for your car...... going off an old post:

front filler #'s for 86-87 GN are
25521433 LH
25521432 RH

Send me a PM if your interested in making a deal.

Do you think the roof is savable? Looked like a lot of surface rust up there and am guessing it's pitted pretty badly.
The roof is just surface rust from sitting outside so long. I used a product that removed all the rust! I will post pictures very soon! I think everyone is going to be amazed at how easy it was to take this car back to as new condition! Jeff

Dear bootsgnx,

Merry Christmas! We received your last email. GNX #239 is a limited edition hot rod and a collectors item. My wife and I have $0 vested in the car. We have researched the cost of full restoration and know it's dollar value is only going to drastically increase after full restoration. The vehicle was inherited from my father and has a tremendous amount of sentimental value tied to it. Wanting to be fair to us as the seller and you as a buyer, knowing what we have in our possession and gaining much more knowledge about the cost of full restoration while trying to sell GNX #239, we will take no less than $26,000.00 for the car. If still interested in purchasing the vehicle knowing what our rock bottom price is, please contact MMurdock at your earliest convenience. (706) 681-8247. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks and we appreciate your interest.

Dear bootsgnx,

Merry Christmas! We received your last email. GNX #239 is a limited edition hot rod and a collectors item. My wife and I have $0 vested in the car. We have researched the cost of full restoration and know it's dollar value is only going to drastically increase after full restoration. The vehicle was inherited from my father and has a tremendous amount of sentimental value tied to it. Wanting to be fair to us as the seller and you as a buyer, knowing what we have in our possession and gaining much more knowledge about the cost of full restoration while trying to sell GNX #239, we will take no less than $26,000.00 for the car. If still interested in purchasing the vehicle knowing what our rock bottom price is, please contact MMurdock at your earliest convenience. (706) 681-8247. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks and we appreciate your interest.
I hope it sold cheaper than this!!!

Love the yellow!
What's a update on 239?
The turbo buick world is anxiously waiting
At this time I am gathering parts. So far I have purchased front and rear NOS GM fillers. The original GNX wheels have been sent out to be restored. All the sheetmetal that was damaged has been removed. Still looking for some very hard to find parts! Aluminum front bumper support etc....

Bumper supports are everywhere
Post in parts wanted section
Along with other grand national parts needed

All the sheetmetal that was damaged has been removed.

So did you replace the whole rear 1/4 on the drivers side? IIRC, there was a large dent at the top. If you replaced the whole 1/4, I'd be interested to see pics of the process if you have any.

So what's the deal with the iroc? I had a 87 5.7 auto that was the same color . It was a cool car first year the 5.7 was offered. With bolt ons my best was 13.9.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a set of NOS front fillers, still in the original GM boxes. PM me if you're interested. Thanks, Jeff