GNX # 165 for $80k with 80,000 miles

GNregistry

I dont understand the logic of comparing high mileage GNX to real estate or even other low mile GNX's, high on believing it is worth it -- is crazy.

GNX 165 has new motor, with zero miles but 80k on body.
GNX 165 if it needs to be sold will sell for $50-$60. any more then that buyer is a fool and clueless about GNX's. Maybe it is a good parts car or daily driver, but not to the orginal no mile GNX owners with jacket and book.

GNX with over 100,000 miles sold last year for $40,000 buy it now.

If I use the same logic, my GN with 37k miles is worth $50,000, not realistic. 10 or 60 miles miles -- yes possibly to the right buyer. But not when you can find GNX's every month with under 5,000 miles on them, divorce, death and starting a business force the sale or lack of use and need for dust collector. People buy because they want it!! I don't want GNX # 165 for $80,000, maybe GNX 359 for $20k more.

Ebay listing
eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 150103822279 end time Mar-26-07 11:44:35 PDT)

then you have 9 mile gnx # 359 for $100k
eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 290094272852 end time Mar-21-07 14:43:35 PDT)

ummmmmm, let me think about it. I can buy GNX with under 10 miles or one with 80,000 miles and spend $20k more, I think I will take the low mile GNX or wait until one comes along. If it is like real estate, why jump when you can shop around and wait... The GS Nationals are coming up and the website here creates a tool for owners to find and locate.

GNX with low miles can be bought every month because the ownership changes constantly, look at the number of owners that have GNX's, it is over 4 owners when you look at most GNX's and hardly any miles. People buy them because they want one, most want one with little to no miles.

Jump on over and make your replies... it is my .02 cents.

Re: #165 - 80k miles on the original Gatorbacks? Were the tires touching the ground for all those miles?

i would guess not as it was flat towed to races. and it says it spent its like racing so they probibly had drags or just some steel wheels to tow it with. now i am just guessing it was flat towed behind the motorhome and raced when they got there cause it does not say anything about a trailer. dave

There has been a GNX frenzy of sorts the last year or so, but $80K for a car with 80K miles is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Who in their right mind would pay $80 grand for that car when they can buy one in the 2 - 3,000 mile range for a lot less than that??? GNX's are nice, but at these prices, don't look at them like investments. The appreciation has already taken place. I bet there will be a correction on GNX pricing soon when all those that over paid find out there is no profit to be had on their newly acquired investments. You have a much better chance of doubling your money if you position yourself right in the stock market than you do by spending $80 or $90grand on a GNX. At those prices, the new owners will be waiting more than a few years to realize a reasonable return on investment. Now if the buyer is just buying the car to drive and enjoy...that's a different story. Just my .02.

There has been a GNX frenzy of sorts the last year or so, but $80K for a car with 80K miles is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Who in their right mind would pay $80 grand for that car when they can buy one in the 2 - 3,000 mile range for a lot less than that??? GNX's are nice, but at these prices, don't look at them like investments. The appreciation has already taken place. I bet there will be a correction on GNX pricing soon when all those that over paid find out there is no profit to be had on their newly acquired investments. You have a much better chance of doubling your money if you position yourself right in the stock market than you do by spending $80 or $90grand on a GNX. At those prices, the new owners will be waiting more than a few years to realize a reasonable return on investment. Now if the buyer is just buying the car to drive and enjoy...that's a different story. Just my .02.

I agree , an appreciation has taken place, but really do not think there will be a correction. They will continue to rise slowly or maybe even level off for a while, but will never drop in my opinion.

I think twinvipers is right

just look at hemmings as to where classic car prices have gone,
very few cars loose value, their price may not escalate like there owners wish, but very few decrease.
compare limited number cars , not cars that are still being reproduced, ( like 32 fords, 41 willys,etc) for instance shelby mustangs, they are skyrocketing, and continue to do so.
not to say GNX's will skyrocket, but with limited numbers, they will continue to appreciate.

I wouldn't go so far as to say NEVER drop. Anyone that has been following the muscle car trends for the last twenty years or so will tell you that there have been corrections or drops in pricing of certain vehicles that everyone was hot on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to down the GNX. All I am saying is that those that got in last year or before will reap the rewards and those that are getting in now are in my opinion paying a serious premium for what they hope will yield a great return in the future. I'm not at all sure that we have seen the peak on the GNX pricing, but I am also not certain that prices on the GNX's aren't going to come down. I am sure however that anyone that has one not only appreciates the vehicle for it's value, but also enjoys having something that others wish they could have... one of the baddest Buicks ever.

tried to contact owner... no answer yet

I wanted to take a look at the car... since it is so close to me for anybody looking to buy or make an offer on it.. i will give my overall opinion... 80k is way to high for a car like this... I think in the neighborhood of around 40k.... the economy is crap right now and loans for these cars are very hard to get and banks aren't lending book on them...40k for a driver is fair...IMO

CARFAX shows 88k miles in 2005 and accident?

18k miles in 1991 and then 1998 it had 45k miles and in 99 it had 58k miles and 2000 it had 72k miles ad 2005 it had 87k miles... looks like a driver to me???Carfax shows accident as a rear end collision in Dec. 2004 and 88,000 miles in Sept. of 2005.... it also shows it has been floated around from TN. to SC to Tarpon Springs FL ... to Holiday FL and to NAPLES FL. and then to Miami Fl. .....the ad says it was trailored but I think it was towed and the miles racked up this way??? if you put a car in neutral the miles still go up??? anyway...... my research is done... please donate $5.00 to the "save the TURBO BUICK fund"

I dont know when I can see it as a friend is very sick and I can't get away right now.... though the owner did leave a voice mail for me to call back....

If you read the listing though, the car does have 80k on the body, but the original motor was taken out, and now it is back in it, and it says it only has about 250 miles on it.

i'd like to have this car for $40K no more no less then enjoy and drive it everyday as weather permits. Good luck with the sale buddy!! Mr. owner can pm me if he wants quick $$$$ as early as next week.

I didnt get $80K for the 501 mile GNX I sold last year. IMO, $50K is close....but it seems this car was torn apart for so long, and now reassembled to be factory correct again, and we all know nothing ever gets back 100% OEM once changed. The car is worth having, but the discriminating buyer wont touch this car w/ so much being different wear levels. Oh and the fact the body is a driver, and the motor w/ 250 miles could never be w/o issues makes it LESS valuable to me. 20 yr old motors work best when worked more often, not less.

I believe cars appreciate and lose value based on the PEOPLE from the generation the car was built.EX.In 1987,most people that bought the GN,GNX were between 20-40.Fast forward to 2007,The 20 somethings are now 40+ and the rest are middle sixties and retiring.I give the GN,GNX at most 20 more years of possible appreciation before starting its decline.I mean,really,go talk to a 20 yr old about the Space Shuttle Challenger.They will look at you like your stupid,And that goes the same for our cars.In twenty years when they are 40 and have made some money to buy a BAD A$$ collector car,It will be what they remember as BAD A$$.Like a V-TEC Honda:eek: So,what I'm trying to say is when the GN generations are dead and gone,the collector cars will still be here,just not as many people interested so prices will go down.

not good logic........

so my 57 chevy should be loosing value? NOT!
and my 37 chevy should be worthless? NOT!
value continues to climb, due to the desire of collectors,
Most car people are aware of most all types of collector cars, some they have more interest in, others they look at and move on.
I thought value goes in peaks and valleys, but always on the increase, just like a house, ( seldom loose value)
I feel with the interest in eco type cars ( electric/ hybred) you will see in increase in collector values,
but thats just my 2 cents,
ME? I'll continue to buy the stuff I like, and hope it goes up in value.
thanks

i don't own one but i think the GNX will continue to rise in value especially the low mileage examples it might not be astronomical as the big block Vettes or the Hemis but no one can deny the fact that this car is legendary and historical. The best scenario is to own one with decent mileage drive it to shows or cruises, keep it for a while and when the market surge and you need the money you can get rid of it, if not just continue to own it because the pleasure you get from it is priceless. You can not lose on the GNX.