Gnx #151

Alabama Buick

I just joined and wanted to say hello to everyone. I couldnt afford to buy a GNX in 87 or even a GN. However, I loved them and knew I would someday get one. I currently have GNX #151 and it is absolutly beautiful! The car was originally sold in Birmingham and ended up in Charlie Sheen's garage. I just brought it back home!

look under the seats good in case Charlie left some stuff there that he forgot about :biggrin:

Thanks everyone. I will get some picture when I return from Afghanistan. I am on a short mission and will be back in Huntsville on the 28th. I check the car out and didnt dind anything but it was worth the look. The car has his CA plates still on it and it has one repaint. The paint is unbeleavable and I hear it cost 20K but theat is all hear say. I fixed a few minor thing and changed out the tires as the old one's were dry rotting. The antenna doesnt work and I have a replacement but nobody is willing to replace it as they are scared they will mess the paint up when taking off the fender. There are some pictures online if you google GNX #151. Oh, by the way, no stains in the back seat! I have 16,100 miles on the car now.

Jeff

Welcome to the board Jeff.

The fender doesn't need to be taken off or opened when replacing the antenna on a GNX. The antenna can be fished out through the fender louver once the louver and ductwork is removed. Some say it is easier to replace an antenna on a GNX than a regular Regal, T, or GN.

Good to know as I know nothing about how to fix anything on this car except a fuse or something. Anyways, I have a new antenna in the trunk and think thats the only thing wrong with this car.
I have another question concerning the turbo. I hear that the whine from the turbo is very loud but I dont hear that from my GNX. I feel it but dont hear it..
I have a supercharger on my vette (TVS 1900 series) and can hear that. Any thoughts??

Jeff

Welcome to the site maybe I will see it cruising around Huntsville sometime or at a local car show...............

Pictures?????? Superchargers will whine more than turbos. Think a lot of turbo whine depends on what exhaust you have on the car. I know when I just crack open the electric exhaust cutout on my GN the turbo whine is louder. Obviously you are "stuck" with the stock exhaust on the X.:)

Here are the pictures

GNX #151.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

#4.jpg

Good to know as I know nothing about how to fix anything on this car except a fuse or something. Anyways, I have a new antenna in the trunk and think thats the only thing wrong with this car.
I have another question concerning the turbo. I hear that the whine from the turbo is very loud but I dont hear that from my GNX. I feel it but dont hear it..
I have a supercharger on my vette (TVS 1900 series) and can hear that. Any thoughts??

Jeff

I'm not quite sure I understand your question about turbo whine. Are you saying that you have heard other cars with loud turbo set ups and your GNX is quiet by comparison?

Several factors contribute to turbo noise, including inlet plumbing, turbo component balance, and rotor group balance.

If you do decide to remove the ductwork from the fender vents to get to the antenna, be careful with the knurled thumbnuts that are located inside the fender and hold the vents on. These thumbnuts are stainless, therefore can't be fished out with a magnet. Take care not to drop them inside the fender.

grkgn, I remember looking at it many times! It looked like it was a perfect car. Didn't it have like 5K miles?

Jeff