Gnx 101

GSX-PKV

Does someone on this board own GNX 101? We went to a restaurant tonight in Stevensville, MI (near St. Joe's) and a well driven GNX was parked in front with Florida plates. I think that's VERY COOL that someone really enjoys their car like that!

Not to bring up an old thread from the dead, but I was searching for info on this car. I met the owner in Stevensville at the Shell station on Red Arrow Hwy. This is Burt Reynold's GNX. Owner let me drive it and showed me the florida registration from Jupiter Florida w/ Burt's name on it! Also has custom Florida State embroidered head rests w/ Burt's jersey #22 stitched under the logo.

The owner has a few other celebrity cars in his collection and will more than likely have them on display at the Venetian Festival this year. He had them on display last year.

Very cool! Thanks for the update on that. He was parked in the valet section at Tosi's last year. Paul

So I went up to MI this weekend to visit my mom and dad. I wake up Sunday all hung over from the night before of going to the club and seeing my friends band plus some other heavy metal bands. I walk out to the driveway and I notice a big blast of bird s%&* all over my rear passenger window on my twin turbo S4. I just washed the car Saturday and it was looking great. So I decided to go down the road to the Shell station to wash the windows.

I am at the pump washing the windows from s%&* and pollen and I see a tinted out Buick GNX pull in. SCHWING!!!!! The guy parks near my car and he gets out and starts pumping the gas. I tell him "nice GNX!" and then ask him if it's a true GNX or a clone. He says it's a true GNX. SCHWING!!!! I've never seen a real one, this is like a needle in a haystack. So I start talking to the owner about the car. He asks me if I know who Burt Reynolds is. Who doesn't? I ask him if this is THE Burt Reynolds GNX that is one of the most highly sought-after Turbo Buicks on the internet. He pulls out an envelope from the glovebox and tells me to look through it. It has original ASC McLaren build sheet, some other dealer brochures, and a registration slip with the name Burt Reynolds w/ a Jupiter Florida address. I'm in awe. Totally stoked. He asks me if I would like to see some of his other celebrity cars in his collection. So I say sure why not, and he tells me to follow him to his warehouse.

I pull into the warehouse and he punches in a security code and one of the 6 or so doors opens and inside I see a Caddy Limo, an older Studebaker, and a Cadillac Eldorado. The limo was owned by this gentleman and it was leased to the movie studios for one of Burt Reynolds' movies. The Eldorado was owned by Loni Anderson and was bought for her as a gift by Burt Reynolds. The Studebaker was also owned by Burt. This guy was like Burt's #1 fan.

After showing me the cars, he asks me "would you like to drive the GNX?" I told him "That's too much, but I appreciate the offer". He insisted. So I said "ok, don't twist my arm". We get into the car and I fire up the engine and adjust the seat. The a/c is blowing cold. I notice a few things about this car. It is a solid roof car no t-tops. The top of the headrests have the Florida State emblem embroidered on them with the number 22 below them. That was Burt's number on the football team in college. Also, the factory Delco radio was gone and in it's place was a nice older Alpine stereo and eq setup. The windows were tinted 5% all around so Burt could drive without being hassled by people for autographs. The car had an emblem on the passenger side of the dash that says GNX 101. It also had the analog gauges w/ 160 mph speedometer instead of the standard GN's 85 mph horizontal speedometer.

I put the car in D and car shifted so hard it almost barked the tires in the driveway. We decide to run the car down I-94. As I'm going down the ramp the owner looks at me and says "you can floor it if you want". I told him "I don't want to beat on your car, I'm amazed I'm even driving one of these things". He looks at me and says "you aren't going to hurt it, go ahead and put it on the floor". Well ok, he's twisting my arm again. I stomp the gas to the carpet and the car abruptly kicks down to 2nd gear. The boost gauge swings to 15psi and then hits the top of the gauge so I don't know exactly how much boost but it was 15+ psi. I run it through 2nd and 3rd gear a bit and look down and see I'm approaching 90 so I slow down. No sooner do I hit cruise at 70 mph and a MI State Cop goes by on the other side. I was kind of hoping he'd pull me over and write me a ticket so I'd have some proof of this event.

I take the car down to the Red Arrow Hwy exit, get off, go under the bridge and get back on heading towards Chicago. We make our way back to the owners warehouse and park the car. The whole time we've been talking about my family and how I'm from the area, he asked me about my military service and then when I get out of the car he gives me a card with his address and phone number and says "if you end up getting out of the Air Force, give me a call, I could use a guy like you to help run my business". Pretty cool offer.

He took down my address and said he'd make some copies of the documentation he has on the car and will mail it to me so I can show my friends. He also told me if I am around during the Venetian Fest he will have his car collection on display downtown. I will be deployed in Iraq then though.

I didn't have a camera w/ me other than my cell phone, which sucks to take pics with, so I didn't get any pics of the car. I was honestly in shock that he even let me drive the car. He did tell me to give him a call next time I'm in town if my wife would like to see the cars I can bring her by, so I may get some pics next time I'm up that way. I was going to post a copy of a newspaper article about him and the cars on display at last years summer car show, but I have to pay to get archive .pdf's from the local paper (gay).

We'll see what he sends me and maybe I'll share it with you guys. I guess I was lucky that some random bird decided to take a dump on my S4.

PS. Due to the high theft rate of these vehicles and the rare status of the ones I saw, I will not be posting the owners name or the location of the cars.

Solid roof car, no t-tops.

Are you kidding.... how many t-top GNX's have you seen?:p

Solid roof car, no t-tops.

Are you kidding.... how many t-top GNX's have you seen?:p

This is the only real GNX I've ever seen. It's only the 2nd TB I've driven. I almost traded my previous Audi for an 87 TR but we got rear ended on the test drive by an illegal w/ no insurance and the car was probably totalled. The owner said if he got it fixed he'd call me, never heard from him again.

I still want one, I'll settle for a GN, WE4, or T-Type because the GNX's are out of my price range for now. If I go $30,000+ on a car it'll be an Audi RS6 twin turbo.

However I always have my eye open for a TR that just needs a little tlc at a good price.

What a great experience! I'll be on the lookout for that guy when I'm cruising the Red Arrow Hwy! Paul

Cool story. Will be on the lookout also.

Good luck in Iraq, hope it works out for you. Maybe someday though you might consider looking at American iron instead of those import Audi's. Pretty tough to attach an American flag sticker to a foreign car.

Yeah I prefer American cars, but for some reason I really like Audi. I do own 3 Ford's and a Chevy as well.

So I went up to MI this weekend to visit my mom and dad. I wake up Sunday all hung over from the night before of going to the club and seeing my friends band plus some other heavy metal bands. I walk out to the driveway and I notice a big blast of bird s%&* all over my rear passenger window on my twin turbo S4. I just washed the car Saturday and it was looking great. So I decided to go down the road to the Shell station to wash the windows.

I am at the pump washing the windows from s%&* and pollen and I see a tinted out Buick GNX pull in. SCHWING!!!!! The guy parks near my car and he gets out and starts pumping the gas. I tell him "nice GNX!" and then ask him if it's a true GNX or a clone. He says it's a true GNX. SCHWING!!!! I've never seen a real one, this is like a needle in a haystack. So I start talking to the owner about the car. He asks me if I know who Burt Reynolds is. Who doesn't? I ask him if this is THE Burt Reynolds GNX that is one of the most highly sought-after Turbo Buicks on the internet. He pulls out an envelope from the glovebox and tells me to look through it. It has original ASC McLaren build sheet, some other dealer brochures, and a registration slip with the name Burt Reynolds w/ a Jupiter Florida address. I'm in awe. Totally stoked. He asks me if I would like to see some of his other celebrity cars in his collection. So I say sure why not, and he tells me to follow him to his warehouse.

I pull into the warehouse and he punches in a security code and one of the 6 or so doors opens and inside I see a Caddy Limo, an older Studebaker, and a Cadillac Eldorado. The limo was owned by this gentleman and it was leased to the movie studios for one of Burt Reynolds' movies. The Eldorado was owned by Loni Anderson and was bought for her as a gift by Burt Reynolds. The Studebaker was also owned by Burt. This guy was like Burt's #1 fan.

After showing me the cars, he asks me "would you like to drive the GNX?" I told him "That's too much, but I appreciate the offer". He insisted. So I said "ok, don't twist my arm". We get into the car and I fire up the engine and adjust the seat. The a/c is blowing cold. I notice a few things about this car. It is a solid roof car no t-tops. The top of the headrests have the Florida State emblem embroidered on them with the number 22 below them. That was Burt's number on the football team in college. Also, the factory Delco radio was gone and in it's place was a nice older Alpine stereo and eq setup. The windows were tinted 5% all around so Burt could drive without being hassled by people for autographs. The car had an emblem on the passenger side of the dash that says GNX 101. It also had the analog gauges w/ 160 mph speedometer instead of the standard GN's 85 mph horizontal speedometer.

I put the car in D and car shifted so hard it almost barked the tires in the driveway. We decide to run the car down I-94. As I'm going down the ramp the owner looks at me and says "you can floor it if you want". I told him "I don't want to beat on your car, I'm amazed I'm even driving one of these things". He looks at me and says "you aren't going to hurt it, go ahead and put it on the floor". Well ok, he's twisting my arm again. I stomp the gas to the carpet and the car abruptly kicks down to 2nd gear. The boost gauge swings to 15psi and then hits the top of the gauge so I don't know exactly how much boost but it was 15+ psi. I run it through 2nd and 3rd gear a bit and look down and see I'm approaching 90 so I slow down. No sooner do I hit cruise at 70 mph and a MI State Cop goes by on the other side. I was kind of hoping he'd pull me over and write me a ticket so I'd have some proof of this event.

I take the car down to the Red Arrow Hwy exit, get off, go under the bridge and get back on heading towards Chicago. We make our way back to the owners warehouse and park the car. The whole time we've been talking about my family and how I'm from the area, he asked me about my military service and then when I get out of the car he gives me a card with his address and phone number and says "if you end up getting out of the Air Force, give me a call, I could use a guy like you to help run my business". Pretty cool offer.

He took down my address and said he'd make some copies of the documentation he has on the car and will mail it to me so I can show my friends. He also told me if I am around during the Venetian Fest he will have his car collection on display downtown. I will be deployed in Iraq then though.

I didn't have a camera w/ me other than my cell phone, which sucks to take pics with, so I didn't get any pics of the car. I was honestly in shock that he even let me drive the car. He did tell me to give him a call next time I'm in town if my wife would like to see the cars I can bring her by, so I may get some pics next time I'm up that way. I was going to post a copy of a newspaper article about him and the cars on display at last years summer car show, but I have to pay to get archive .pdf's from the local paper (gay).

We'll see what he sends me and maybe I'll share it with you guys. I guess I was lucky that some random bird decided to take a dump on my S4.

PS. Due to the high theft rate of these vehicles and the rare status of the ones I saw, I will not be posting the owners name or the location of the cars.

So I took a day off work to go to the venetian fest...no GNX :frown: I did like the cobra R I saw though...I never saw one of those in person before....it was for sale too...41k...too bad I was about 41k short....anyway there were a ton of cars...only one grand national though...a nice show all and all

I had my 70 yellow GSX at the Venetian Fest... it was right across from the Krasl Art Museum. There was a GNX for a short time on the driveway near the entrance to the museum but he left pretty early.

He asks me if I would like to see some of his other celebrity cars in his collection. So I say sure why not, and he tells me to follow him to his warehouse.

Cool story. Did this guy also have Burt's Trans AM? (not one of the movie cars - they were all destroyed, but Burt eventually owned his own T/A later...pics of his are below [eventually wound up on eBay])

2416491_1443_full.jpg

2416491_1445_full.jpg

2416491_1446_full.jpg

2416491_1447_full.jpg

2416491_1450_full.jpg

2416491_1449_full.jpg

2416491_1444_full.jpg

Now it just needs one of these (yes this is the actual CB radio used in the 1st SATB movie)

$%28KGrHqV,%21hUE0fBqcsWCBN%28%28t1FszQ%7E%7E_3.JPG

back in

the early 90s i was a service manager at tire kingdom in jupiter i worked on the car and others he owned .. his favorite was an open top jeep he is as bald as mister clean and most people dont know its him lonni was hot back then .. id let him take my conquest tsi when he droped off his cars and i always told him to drive it like he stole it . he allways did .. great guy

had to register just to share this story , greetings people .
i had the distinct pleasure of meeting this gentlemen , and working on his legendary Burt Reynolds Gnx Saturday at work ..
minor exhaust repair was all that was needed , broken hanger .. the vehicle still only has 27k miles on it and is in excellent shape .
did not get the opportunity to drive it , but he is coming back in tomorrow for more repairs .. TEST DRIVE !!
nicest guy , had all of the documentation from when burt owned it with him , and was a pleasure to speak with ..
wound up giving me a " bandit " keyring " , and also spoke of the " warehouse " which he invited me to visit sometime .
final kicker , noticed his address on the repair order . less than 3 blocks from my house !
location withheld out of respect , lets just say southwest lower Michigan ..
took a bunch of cell pic's , and will try to remember to take my real camera with tomorrow .

Attachments

• 2013-06-15 08.27.31.jpg
    2013-06-15 08.27.31.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 418
  • 2013-06-15 08.25.04.jpg
    2013-06-15 08.25.04.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 407
Thats awesome. So ironic where its originally from, I actually JUST moved up north from Hobe Sound, I was Service manager for the Tire Kingdom there. I actually went down to the Jupiter store to pick up tires in my '86. Small world we live in!

thats cool , this car has quite a history , and seems to have brightened so many gearheads lives ..

been so damn busy , have not had time to relate the privilege i was extended , same as scott long ..
the gentleman that owns this Gnx was back in the shop with one of his work vehicles , gave me his phone # .. said call me tonight and i will show you the other cars .
that evening we went to the " warehouse " storage facility , and i got the tour .. unfortunately he was in a bit of a hurry but asked " would you like to drive it ( the Gnx ) .
i believe my answer was something to the effect of " oh hell yes !! " .. he giggled .

we headed out red arrow highway through a local town and he suggests i should get on the highway ,
long sweeping 180 uphill on ramp , got to the top and noticed not only construction , but traffic from hell ..
didn't ask , self preservation kicked in and just dropped the hammer on it , after all , im driving a vehicle worth more than i make in a year , LOL ..
no lag , downshifted and put us back in the seat with a vengeance .. i said Damn that gives a whole new meaning to the word MERGE !

reminded me of the good old days and my Roadrunner ... which i miss every day ..
traffic opened up a bit , and an out of state vehicle seemed to have noticed the rare nature of the Gnx , and was trying to get a better look .
so i gave them a thrill and stood in it again . made their day ..

while i was talking to him , i mentioned this thread , which he says he has viewed , and asked if i knew scott long .
obviously i dont , but if you read this scott , he expressed interest in your well being .. very nice guy , and concerned about your deployment ..
will post a few more pic's .. after dinner .

Attachments

• DSC02681.JPG
    DSC02681.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 281
Thats awesome. So ironic where its originally from, I actually JUST moved up north from Hobe Sound, I was Service manager for the Tire Kingdom there. I actually went down to the Jupiter store to pick up tires in my '86. Small world we live in!

Oh man, this Tire Kingdom wouldn't happen to be next to a Community Savings bank, would it? Woods behind TKs building with duplexes on the other side off Pine Circle? I grew up there and got my first seat in a police car due to something a friend and I did to Tire Kingdoms building. This was...1988-1989ish, so everything's probably different.

Never met Burt, but a friend and I were going to be extras(background people walking by) in the movie "The Maddening"...but we woke up too late and missed the opportunity. This was somewhere around 1990.

I do remember a lot of hype about a car he called the "B L Stryker". I don't even know what kind of car it was. Anyone heard of it?

Hilarious. Everything is still the same, except that savings bank is now Bank Atlantic. Duplexes are there and everything!