Gnx #085

RUSTYNAIL

Knee Deep
I am the proud new owner of #085. I have dreamed of owning this car since I first saw it back in 1992. My friend purchased it from the original owner in 1990 with only 34 miles. He sold it on Ebay in 2004 but the buyer fell through with the deal and it was sold local to another dealer. The car has been stored properly and now only has 45.5 original miles. I also recieved the original books,and Molly jacket. The car still has all protective plastic and window sticker still in place. It looks nice sitting next to my hardtop/cloth TTA car #6 (the first hardtop of the 39)and one of only 15 in that combination. Ok I'm going back out to the garage and just look at them. :D
I'm not one to buy a car that I can't drive BUT I have wanted this car for many years and will continue to preserve it of its current condition.

Congrats on your purchase! I would have a hard time owning and not driving. Takes a lot of willpower!!
KID

Congratulations! I have #151 and want to drive it as well but wont! Where are you located?

Jeff

Jeff,
The North Alabama TR group will probably be getting together soon at the Dragway, you're welcome to join us. BTW-You can drop by and drive one of my GN's if the urge becomes too great. You have my number.

Frank

Congrats on your purchase! I would have a hard time owning and not driving. Takes a lot of willpower!!
KID

Luckily Rodney has a bunch of really cool stuff to drive.

Congrats on the purchase Rodney, I'm sure it's beautiful.

I am the proud new owner of #085. I have dreamed of owning this car since I first saw it back in 1992. My friend purchased it from the original owner in 1990 with only 34 miles. He sold it on Ebay in 2004 but the buyer fell through with the deal and it was sold local to another dealer. The car has been stored properly and now only has 45.5 original miles. I also recieved the original books,and Molly jacket. The car still has all protective plastic and window sticker still in place. It looks nice sitting next to my hardtop/cloth TTA car #6 (the first hardtop of the 39)and one of only 15 in that combination. Ok I'm going back out to the garage and just look at them. :D
I'm not one to buy a car that I can't drive BUT I have wanted this car for many years and will continue to preserve it of its current condition.

'Rusty',

Kudos on your purchase! Please email me to join the Registry-- I have some interesting history for you (all good!) on 085 way back to the Fall of 1987. This info includes the original co-owners and an interesting story about them as well as a magazine feature (and what may have prompted them to float a record-setting price on 085 in April of 1989). I have to check for physical artifacts but I believe I have some for you.

Congratulations again.

Frank, Let me know when the TR group is getting together.. Also, do you go to the track on Sat or Sun?

Always have the urge to drive a GN!

Jeff

Frank, Let me know when the TR group is getting together.. Also, do you go to the track on Sat or Sun?

Always have the urge to drive a GN!

Jeff

Jeff,
I took the beast out Friday night and I think I broke a valve spring. I blew a fuse on the shifter and over-revved. Now it starts to miss under load at the upper RPM's. I'm getting really frustrated with this thing. I can put down great numbers on the Dyno but it seems to be one ankle biter after another at the track and now this. I think I will let it sit for a while and play with the other GN. I have a few go-fast parts lying around that I haven't installed. Maybe I can get it into the 7's.

I'll let you know when the North Alabama TR's get together at the track. I will probably take the GN over on this Friday for Test-n-Tune.

Frank