GNX #012 At Barrett Jackson

What's up with that car? It doesn't have the louvers over the front wheels. Was that even a delete option? Are the wrong pictures posted or something?

The car that went across the block was a GNX. Belonged to Reggie Jackson. 5500 miles. $67k.

I figured maybe they used the wrong pictures or something. Does anyone know if it was on the broadcast? I DVR'd all of it and have been slowly going through it.

Somebody DID get burned because first and foremost, that was never car #012, no matter how often the folks at the "museum" repeat themselves.

That was, still is, and always will be #468. Still a GNX, but continuing to misrepresent the car number is astonishing. So they screwed with the car number and somehow the buyer is supposed to trust that it was owned by Reggie as well. Shameful.

Another case in point for the Registry.

Who really owned the car? Whats with car 012? What was the car number reggie lost in the fire?

Somebody DID get burned because first and foremost, that was never car #012, no matter how often the folks at the "museum" repeat themselves.

That was, still is, and always will be #468. Still a GNX, but continuing to misrepresent the car number is astonishing. So they screwed with the car number and somehow the buyer is supposed to trust that it was owned by Reggie as well. Shameful.

X2 :eek:

12?

Can someone tell me why this isn't car #12. It has the window sticker with #12 on it , the numbered book with #12 in it. Maybe this is #12 and #468 was lost in the fire. Just seems odd to try and pass something off as other than what it is. I would certainly think that if it was lost in the fire that the proper papers were filed to the insurance company at lest to settle the claim. Just wondering:confused:

I figured maybe they used the wrong pictures or something. Does anyone know if it was on the broadcast? I DVR'd all of it and have been slowly going through it.
I'm not sure what's up with those pics. But the car that went across was a X.

As far as what time, about 10 minuted before this thread was posted. So roughly yesterday at 6:20pm CST.

More info, please!

To be clear, I am not doubting what you're saying. I am curious as to the hows & whys that the car's number is being misrepresented.

The wrong pics were used on BJ'S web site. The entire GNX auction was televised and during the auction they did mention that it was GNX #12

If it was the real GNX#12 it was bought new by a fellow not to far from me in Cambridge Springs, Pa. Last I knew he still had it. The mileage sounds about right. It had just rolled 5000 last I looked. I cant imagine him selling it.

reggie

seems like reggie has owned all of the gnxs sold lately i find this fishy as well last i knew he owned two the one that burnt and the one he replaced it with

I just left a message on his answering machine.
I bet it is still parked beside his Stage 1.

I have 2 friends at Barrett Jackson I asked them about the car.they said the paint on the car looked to have been repainted.And the big question going around the sale was why would a 1500 mile car need a repaint.That's from 2 guys at the auction looking at the cars!!

at five miles

they all needed a repaint the ones that didnt do the recall look like 3hit ..but are original with a bad paint job

Due to poor paint quality on the cars it is not uncommon for our cars to be re-painted......even when they were brand new!

Working on confirming, but friend and reliable source says, unless the world came to an end, #12 was not at Barrett Jackson. Don't know what is going on but I think WS6 will confirm this for everyone. He is longtime friend of owner of #12 since they were teens. Number 12 was purchased at Walker Bros dealership and hasn't left home to many times since.

:biggrin: