87 Turbo Buick sells for $38,500 at Barrett Jackson

seedling

Don’t know the particulars, as I just turned on Barrett Jackson and see this. It sold for $38,500 and like I said no idea on miles.
d3840b45742b77992c806a5f44f8f5bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t know the particulars, as I just turned on Barrett Jackson and see this. It sold for $38,500 and like I said no idea on miles.

It had 55,000 miles on it. One solid looking car for sure, but I never would have guessed it would sell for $38,500

It had 55,000 miles on it. One solid looking car for sure, but I never would have guessed it would sell for $38,500

Me either! Here’s the skinny!

Description
Lot #167 - This unrestored, matching-numbers 1987 Buick Regal Limited T-Type turbo is one of 1,035 built with the Y-56 factory order package, and has 55,000 original miles. It includes all the factory documents, service manuals and service records from the time it was originally purchased. The engine is a factory LC2 turbo/intercooled 3.8-liter V6 mated to a TH200-4R 4-speed automatic transmission. The combination produces 245hp and 355 ft/lbs of torque. A bearing went out in the factory turbo, so the original owner had an aftermarket one installed, along with an air intake. The factory turbo and air box that came off the car are included. This T-Type has a factory T-Type package that includes Gran Touring suspension, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, 3.42 limit-slip rear end, boost gauge and tachometer, as well as 15” 17-pound aluminum wheels. The interior is original blue cloth and is in good condition. It has a factory bench seat and deluxe radio/cassette with tilt column and electric door locks. The trunk is factory-carpeted with original rubber mat, and has the original spare tire and jack that have never been removed. The body and paint are in good condition, there's no rust and few rock chips.

someone wanted it real bad
good for the legacy and the property value of our babies
ill post whats coming across In future on my original thread

There’s at least one Grand National to come too.

There’s at least one Grand National to come too.

turbo trans am coming check out my original post in the lounge ill post preview for thurs no TB's tomorrow

B-J ruining the price of cars, I think a lot of it is fake for the TV ratings

I agree. Prices paid are just beyond sanity. I can't imagine why that T went for 42,000. I've been looking at Mecum prices and low mileage Ts might bring $20K so this sale price is unbelievable, but there it is.

Get used to it, their not going down in value every year. Their the hemi powered, LS6, Stage one cars of their era. They will eventually be too expensive for the average buyer. Get them now while their cheap.

Get used to it, their not going down in value every year. Their the hemi powered, LS6, Stage one cars of their era. They will eventually be too expensive for the average buyer. Get them now while their cheap.

The market is heading for a correction like the housing market or the stock market. Although I've been a TB fan for many years to compare Turbo Buicks to LS6, Hemi or Stage 1 cars is a stretch. It's true to say there was a power vacuum in the '80's when GN's and Turbo Regals held their ground amongst the competition. Not everyone has the same belief that turbo V6 cars are "Muscle Cars" in the classic sense. They have their own niche following and deserve their place in history. As their values enter the territory of used Hellcats, Supercharged CTSV's, ZL1's and other much more potent vehicles buyers will have to make the decision what to spend their hard earned $$ on.

Neal

Im with you Neal. With $35k you can by a GN with ultra low miles and stare at it for the next decade only to sell it for $5k more. Or, enjoy the hell out of a Hellcat Charger or 4 dr CTSV which in 2 years Id have it in the 9s and still daily drive it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's not a strech at all. They were the tops in performance of their era. They have the looks, performace and better handling than most 60's cars had, just like the new cars (except for looks) today have on them. They are fairly low production vehicles also. Prices will continue to rise. Where they'll level off at who knows.