GNPartsOnline...

Shifty

Well turns out GNPartsonline is not all it's cracked up to be... Like I said on here over a month ago, I got headers and a downpipe(Downpipe doesn't fit bad, you will need to make some adjustments on the bolt holes. Also the dump doesn't come with a cover which I thought was weird)... The headers hit the steering shaft and the crossover pipe hits the flexplate... I exchanged E-Mails with Sam about resolving the problem, 3 weeks ago he said he was going to send me a replacement header, I called last week after not getting one(And my Emails not getting any response) and he said he got a bad batch of driverside headers and would send one out the next day... Well here I am over a week later, no replys from my emails, no header, no tracking number, no answers, no refunds... I would definetly say stay away from GNPartsonline...

I have not resolved the crossover issue... My number has been readily available on my webite and all over the boards... Please feel free to call me

ANYTIME!

SAM

Also if you would like to pm me, I call you on my dime!

To all who have any issues...... The corrections are not complete yet... Most replacements have not been sent out due to corrections not available.
They are currently at a turbobuck shop and being fabbed up with my headers and will be able to ship out Monday with all correct modifications! We are making sure the kinks have been ironed out.. Sorry for delay!

Sam
Grand National Parts Online

That's what happens when you have this guy making your headers!:)

Attachments

• chineseman.jpg
    chineseman.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 519
I have one of Sam's Down Pipes. I used a little bit of common sense before I installed mine and made sure it would bolt up to my turbo. For $300 I knew going into the install SOMETHING would have to be done. I am extremely happy with the fit, my car runs better than ever. Oh and I could care less about the cap, I made one, besides with the money I saved on the Down Pipe I'm buying one of those fancy electric cutouts.

Later,

Dom

So are these parts also made in CHINA??????

Yes, and the same parts are offered for a lot more $$ by long time, well respected vendors. If you care where it's made ask before you purchase. You'll find that the source is the same for products multiple vendors are selling (though at several different price points). Even if you don't care where it's made you can save some money buying from SAMBALLS1 versus someone else who has marked the same product up another 60%.

I think it's awesome that SAMBALLS1 (and others) stand behind this made-in-China stuff but at what point will it be too much hassle and/or too expensive to re-tool the stuff or issue refunds for stuff that can't be repaired?

Jim

I'm happy that you are happy, just be glad you didn't buy the headers...:frown:

I have one of Sam's Down Pipes. I used a little bit of common sense before I installed mine and made sure it would bolt up to my turbo. For $300 I knew going into the install SOMETHING would have to be done. I am extremely happy with the fit, my car runs better than ever. Oh and I could care less about the cap, I made one, besides with the money I saved on the Down Pipe I'm buying one of those fancy electric cutouts.

Later,

Dom

Not related I bought kenny bell headers and you would have thought God himself fabbed them up 100% perfect just buy good parts. ebay 149.00 headers you should know they are going to be a PITA.
Glad Sam is trying to fix them but they should have never been shipped out without testing multiple set for fit.

Well, I just helped my buddy install a set of these headers on his customers car, and it took some messing with but they fit. By the way he also put a set of real TA Performance headers on another customer's car, guess what, they hit the frame and took some modification as well. (i.e. heating up Cherry red and bending with a huge bar) These headers are more than twice the price and were only mild steel, not stainless.

So, in conclusion, common sense is often underestimated and unused.

Dom

He told me the headers weren't right, why would I heat them up and bend them if he was sending me a replacement, he told me he needed the old one for credit(I didn't want to destroy it)... I'm glad you got one of the good sets, I didn't... So **** you and your common sense...:mad:

Well, I just helped my buddy install a set of these headers on his customers car, and it took some messing with but they fit. By the way he also put a set of real TA Performance headers on another customer's car, guess what, they hit the frame and took some modification as well. (i.e. heating up Cherry red and bending with a huge bar) These headers are more than twice the price and were only mild steel, not stainless.

So, in conclusion, common sense is often underestimated and unused.

Dom

Shifty, I really don't want this get out of hand with anyone else.. I know you have lots of frustration, I've got some updated news for you please call me and we will iron this out... Please pm your real name and I will call you.. I don't know what name you've purchased them under!

Sam
please call me!

I bought the headers,

I bought a set and a friend bought a set. The install did have a few minor issues with the crossover pipe but the headers themselves fit with no problem. I currently have mine off the car right now because the motor is out of the car. Heres the deal, I have noticed that people love to complain and Im no exception, but the fact remains that for the price these headers are being offered, a little bit of adjustment to make them fit (crossover) is not a big deal. As far as the headers hitting the steering shaft, now that is unfortunate, and was not the case woith the two sets I installed, but as indicated the problem will be resolved as fast as humanly possible. I also have to say that bashing the product under the conditions u listed (communication) is unjustified since a lil reading of the posts related to the headers would have given U his direct phone number. Not a secretary or order taker. I have called Sam at least 6 times since I purchased the headers and he has answered everytime. Hes a standup guywho has more happy customers then U have posts on this board. Give the guy a break. ;)

no clown

:mad: I installed these headers on this t and I'm no rookie .I dont think you should sell a product for less unless you have a disclaimer:
Might not fit due to poor quality , you also may also be able to see through the steel when it gets hot because its so thin ,grinding welding drilling and a good imagination will be required. Just add engine heat and watchem grow.

Im not questioning your commom sense so dont question any one elses.

He told me the headers weren't right, why would I heat them up and bend them if he was sending me a replacement, he told me he needed the old one for credit(I didn't want to destroy it)... I'm glad you got one of the good sets, I didn't... So **** you and your common sense...:mad:

You missed my point. Even the most expensive headers you can buy for these cars sometimes don't fit. It had to cross your mind that $300 headers might not fit right out of the box. But, I'm sure stuff like this happens to you all the time. I bet if you were in a huge snow storm on the highway, and all you could see is tail lights in front of you, you would follow that person right into a river or off a cliff or whatever. **** me and my common sense, ok, but I'll charge you for it.

Later,

Dom

Buy American!

:) These guy's are laughing all the way to the bank!

Attachments

• 51858602.jpg
    51858602.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 384
Lol

You missed my point. Even the most expensive headers you can buy for these cars sometimes don't fit. It had to cross your mind that $300 headers might not fit right out of the box. But, I'm sure stuff like this happens to you all the time. I bet if you were in a huge snow storm on the highway, and all you could see is tail lights in front of you, you would follow that person right into a river or off a cliff or whatever. **** me and my common sense, ok, but I'll charge you for it.

Later,

Dom

That was good.