GN1 DP and waste gate. Who has one????

FYI......I had to trim all kinds of the fender liner out, enlarge the holes on the flange and the turbo to header mounting point just to get this pipe to stay off the frame. I've owned this car since new and its never been in an accident. All new motor, trans, and body mounts so I'm very confident there isn't an issue with my car. Trimming the body seam under the heater box was necessary as well. When I voiced my concern to the manufacturer I was told if I wanted to pay send it back to them so they could test fit it on their car I could, but if it fits their car then its not their problem.

Long story short, after modifying several points on my car, enlarging bolt holes and denting the pipe along the frame, it is useable....but you'd think that for $500 you could make something that bolts in.
boy and I thought I was the only one with this problem, and I had two out of the three I bought not fit worth a ****

As the OP I will update with this.

The pipe is clearly made to work around the aftermarket headers. It's going to lay against the fenderwell. There is a small little lip that seems to be the only thing that has to be cut out but thats not the case. The pipe is so close to the fender that it's melting it while driving around and getting hot. The fender well will need to be clearenced a lot more! This we learned from the pipe we installed in my brothers GN. I havn't actually started my car yet so were going to cut my pipe at the flange and try to move it in and away from the fender. The tab on the heater box also needs to be cut and clearenced up.

He sent me another pipe which he already cut and repostioned the bottom half to keep it off the frame. I'm going to send it back and use the 1st one he sent me and make my own modifications to it instead.

I wouldn't call this a bolt on part for anyone. Prepare to do some cutting and twisting and spending some extra time with this thing.

Looks like we all experienced the same thing. Its too bad that such an expensive piece doesn't fit correctly.

Well, in GN1 defense. Most of this stuff was clearly pointed out to me well before I bought it. He had no problem disclosing any of it accept for the frame clearance issue. After I told him about the frame clearence issue he took a pipe from stock and cut the bottom half of the pipe off. It was than re-clocked and welded and sent out to me with a return tag for the other one.

Just about every company has it's share of issues but this company has done every measure possible to make it better.

If your looking for a bolt on pipe with no mods this may not be the one and may not be a great deal for you. If you don't mind cutting this one to make it what you want than this is a great pipe and a good deal.

I really considering this one also. What are our other options for 3" DP with external gates? Stainless?

I didnt find any. RJC has pipes with internal gates that are suppose to be just fine. I wanted to run an external gate and this is the only one I found. In the future i'm going run a Precision or T-netics and I will just fab it into this existing pipe.