GN1 connecting rods

nolanator

@none_more_black
It's late, so i can't call them, but i'm looking to possibly make a purchase tonight. Does anyone have any info on GN1's rods? Are they produced in house? Are they supplied by a third party? Do they require machining to hone the bushing for the pin? Do they come with ARP hardware? If so, 3/8" or 7/16?" and what material?

They look to be built to the same specs as Scat.

I have too many questions.

I'm in the process of installing these. I got the long rod stroker kit. They are labeled on my invoice as SCAT H-beam rods. The bushings required just a quick ride on the stones to fit the pins. The hardware is a no name 7/16 bolt. I just went ahead and ordered ARP #200-6006 bolts to be safe

I'm in the process of installing these. I got the long rod stroker kit. They are labeled on my invoice as SCAT H-beam rods. The bushings required just a quick ride on the stones to fit the pins. The hardware is a no name 7/16 bolt. I just went ahead and ordered ARP #200-6006 bolts to be safe

Thank you for the info.

I would use K1 or Molnar rods, they are priced almost inline with buying those and adding arp bolts, and are a better rod.

I would use K1 or Molnar rods, they are priced almost inline with buying those and adding arp bolts, and are a better rod.

Do you have a link where I could find K1s or Molnars at a sub $550 price range? I can't seem to find anything other than Scats below $500

I thought molnar were forged. I know their site says billet but I thought this had been brought up before

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

The molnar rods are the best of the h beams. The carrillos might be stronger, but they are more money.

I understand they are good, but its tough to justify the extra money when my measley 600-650whp won't come close to exceeding the usability of the Scat rods, which also come with 7/16" ARP cap screws, and weigh in almost 30 grams less than the Molnars. Even with Weber honing the pin bushing before they are sent out, the Scat rods cost less than Molnars. If I were building a stroker, I would certainly get the Molnars since they do not need to be machined for clearance, but with the 3.400 stroke build, I really think the Scats will be sufficient.