GN worth the money?

Turbojohnny

Hey all looking at an 87 gn 86k needs some body /paint
exhaust about $4500. motor runs drives alittle oil near the front of the engine.
could have been there forever guy keeps car very messy.
here is a pic. i know it needs much but what do you get for $5000?
doors have some rot quarters fenders clean enough.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats about right for the price. Most used gns under 10k need paint anyways. Doors are easy to replace and from the pics it looks like they are the reason for most of the dings and dents. I dont know what is wrong with the exhaust but the drivers header is usually cracked and needs repair anyways also most people end up doing a cat back system. Inerior seems nice and if the main body is solid and it runs good i say it is worth it.

Running & driving GN for under 5k, sounds like a good deal to me. Although, youll probably have way more than 10k in it by the time its done so you could just buy a finished car now (ask me how I know). Good luck.

Get up close and personal with the floor pans. If there is nothing rotted besides the doors then I would say its probably worth it. Lots of real nice cars on here for sale that are finished that will cost you less when all said and done. These cars are insane to restore.

thanks i might just do the exhaust and try to get more for it i'm trading my corvette for it and i have $4300 in the vette thanks guys

You would need a min of 8gs for paint and body work that's not including floor boards and looking at the chassis for any rot ? Total car resto you will be way over 20k trust me been there done that try to find one for 10k there out there especially on long island ny I see the car has ny plates contact me I have a few people looking to sell do to economy

You would need a min of 8gs for paint and body work that's not including floor boards and looking at the chassis for any rot ? Total car resto you will be way over 20k trust me been there done that try to find one for 10k there out there especially on long island ny I see the car has ny plates contact me I have a few people looking to sell do to economy
8k for paint and body dam must have needed every panel?
The 442 here needed every panel worked for $4000. not bad right?

The frame is fine on the GN so are the floors. checked them first.
Just not sure what a Gn goes for in this shape.
thanks

Sweet maybe ill have him do my t type what's his number am in centereach where you at?

8k for paint and body dam must have needed every panel?
The 442 here needed every panel worked for $4000. not bad right?

The frame is fine on the GN so are the floors. checked them first.
Just not sure what a Gn goes for in this shape.
thanks

I restore and resto-mod classic cars and 8K is about right, something tells me he knows what he is talking about. Also I have a strong feeling that if you got that car painted for $4k there were corners cut. I just re-did a 81 Corvette and that was just over $8k.

How long ago was that 442 painted? If you got a proper quality paint job for $4k I would bring any other cars you want painted over there before they go out of business. :)

What kind of paint was used for 4gs mine was all ppg with global clear that was 3gs 4yrs ago

I restore and resto-mod classic cars and 8K is about right, something tells me he knows what he is talking about. Also I have a strong feeling that if you got that car painted for $4k there were corners cut. I just re-did a 81 Corvette and that was just over $8k.

How long ago was that 442 painted? If you got a proper quality paint job for $4k I would bring any other cars you want painted over there before they go out of business. :)

I did forget to mention i took the whole car apart first.
tHE door handles, locks , window fuzzies, grilles, bumbers, window chrome, door panels,emblems and it was $4500. BUCKS OUT THE DOOR AND I ALSO WET SANDED AND POLISHED IT MYSELF.
i just brought my vette over there and he told me $2800. then i got him TO GO down TO $1800. DISASEMBLED ALSO BIG SAVINGS WHEN YOU CAN TAKE IT APART AND WELL WORTH THE SAVINGS.
HE MIXES HIS OWN PAINT PPG HE HAS THE MACHINE THERE SMART GUY SAVES MONEY THAT WAY. SORRY FOR THE CAPS IT SWITCHED ON ME WHEN I WAS TYPING lol.

thanks i might just do the exhaust and try to get more for it i'm trading my corvette for it and i have $4300 in the vette thanks guys

If your planning on fixing a fews problems with it and flipping it for a profit, I wouldnt do it. After swapping rides and fixing it you will be into the car too much $ to make anything. The turbo buick values has been way down compared to a few years ago. If you were gonna fix it to keep a few years and maybe sell in the future, might be an alright buy.

All I know is,when I bring a car to the painter that I did all the bodywork to and prepped,its isn't $8K for paint.

If your planning on fixing a fews problems with it and flipping it for a profit, I wouldnt do it. After swapping rides and fixing it you will be into the car too much $ to make anything. The turbo buick values has been way down compared to a few years ago. If you were gonna fix it to keep a few years and maybe sell in the future, might be an alright buy.

Will see not a dealer just like to check different cars out time to time

Man, you know how many times guys bring me their cars already "prepped and ready to paint" that i have to sink a 3 days worth of work into just to make it look presentable? lol