GN worth the money?

Guys willing to take all their own stuff apart always get a deal!!! because when they bring it back scratched, I get to charge them again LOL

taking crap apart is the most labor intensive. I love it when people bring me stuff already off :)

Back to the topic at hand.. If your looking for a project your not going to find a real we2 GN in running condition for less then that. If you want a better get in and go car you can find one for 10k. But a 10k GN is just that.. It's not a show stopper mint car. Paint still won't be perfect.. I spent 6k on my car, got it home and discovered it need floor patches and quarter patches, I plan on keeping the car forever so I replaced the entire floor and got quarter patches. The entire undercarriage is being stripped down to bare and ceramic coated along with frame. For 10k my car will still need paint and interior but when it's done it will look better then my other GN (8k orig miles).

I paid $7500 for my 86T and the paint was a disaster. Interior and engine were both great with 45K on the car. I really looked over this one, it was from Florida (I'm in Winnipeg, Canada). The only weird thing was that it had a bench seat and a column shift! I had never seen that before, not a split seat, a real bench lol. To be honest, I kinda like the bench seat lol. It had a small amount of rust on the T-tops (in their usual spot) but other than that it's have never been painted and not even a spec of rust anywhere but the T-top.
Now it looks mint and it's just a very fun car to boot around in :) I had always wanted one and I had 3 other G-bodys with big blocks that were tons of fun but this on is special :)

i picked this one up for 4k.at about 7k now with interior and mods to go.this is me working on it myself.to pay to restore this car with shops doing this work i would bet 18k and it would not be as nice as the as the 14k gn i had.if you like to do the work go fot it,if not it really is better just to buy a nice car.;)[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• !B5VmjZ!!2k~$(KGrHqYOKnUEy0FyLLskBMtNo-DN2!~~_12.jpg
    !B5VmjZ!!2k~$(KGrHqYOKnUEy0FyLLskBMtNo-DN2!~~_12.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 125
Car just arrived

Made the deal how bad could i have done.
Like i said i paid $3800. for the car not bad i think.
Needs some things exhaust is first on my list just the stock cat back hopfully that is all i will need some body mentionedthe header likes to crack
more pics tomorrow.probably just order from pypes cat back $375 i think, Hey anybody know the difference between the race pro and street pro besides the $10 or so bucks?

!B5Vm0BgB2k~$(KGrHqEOKjEEySCTIMMiBMtNp9!2Tw~~_12.jpg

!B5Vm1Zw!mk~$(KGrHqIOKigEyVk!5E)gBMtNqBiPkg~~_12.jpg interior really is not that bad,drivers seat a little worn,headliner,door pannels,steering wheel.i did this work myself with a little help.the body work and paint job would run 7k at a shop.i like restoring cars.and doing it my way.it is easier to buy one finished and enjoy it instead of working on them.i guess i get some satisfaction from restoring them:)

Made the deal how bad could i have done.
Like i said i paid $3800. for the car not bad i think.
Needs some things exhaust is first on my list just the stock cat back hopfully that is all i will need some body mentionedthe header likes to crack
more pics tomorrow.probably just order from pypes cat back $375 i think, Hey anybody know the difference between the race pro and street pro besides the $10 or so bucks?

you did well,a running gn for under 4k.let the fun begin.i would like to see these grand nationals purchased for 4k each in a year restored.better hurry im done with the hard part.:cool:

Looks like you will have to do just as much work in it as I did on my 10k car. I paid 10k for my car 2 month later had to rebuild the engine, front end bushings, paint, and new interior now Im probly closer to 20k now on a car that is probably ony worth 12k to 15k if Im lucky. I would say you did great on that car. I wish thats all I paid for mine.

FWIW, I have way too much money in my 85 conversion but that is really irrelevant because about one out of every three times it's seen in public I get asked "is it for sale". I always respond "no" because the car is exactly the way I want it and having done a lot of the work myself, I know exactly what I've got. Besides, hopefully by the time it is for sale, it will have gone back up in value to the point that my now 3 year old grandson will make enough on it to buy himself whatever he wants to.

Attachments

• P1010366.jpg
    P1010366.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010405.jpg
    P1010405.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 106