GN with side pipes?

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
Anyone ever thought of putting or has put side pipes on their GN? I was pondering this the other day after seeing a roush go down the road. If you have seen it or have pictures send them to my email address.

That would sound real funny. I can't imagine the drone that'd put off.

What about the catalytic converter?? Of course many of us have 'dropped a screwdriver' in CCs, but in some cases their still there visibly and have little to no probs getting thru emissions. Side pipes would be difficult with a cat.

Lastly, I wonder how much heat they throw off. I know the Vipers with the side pipes warm up the floor up to the windshield pillars.

They just need one sidepipe: NASCAR style on the left side.

No need for mufflers, either. Your neighbors will love you. It will scare every Roush Mustang you come across, though.

I have no cats, no mufflers, so no problem. I have the 2 1/2 ATR Y Pipe with the cutout right now. I wouldn't want to lose that expensive system. I thought I could get the rebent. It was just a thought I had.

You also have to remember, cars with side pipes have true duals in most, if not all, cases. Our cars have to have the downpipe on one side. Unless you have twin turbos. :D

You would have to have the pipe plumbed somehow to get over to the driver's side. You wouldn't want it to jump under the transmission. You'd have to put a lift kit on the car. Or you could have the exhuast literally turn back towards the front of the car after it's jumped over the driveshaft where the stock exhaust runs.

Originally posted by UNGN
They just need one sidepipe: NASCAR style on the left side.

No need for mufflers, either. Your neighbors will love you. It will scare every Roush Mustang you come across, though.

I've seen that. Not actually installed. But for sale. It had the correct flange for the Buick cat or test pipe. I can't remember where I saw that. Pretty slick looking. Came out the passenger side if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by UNGN
Oop's I meant the other left side.

Well, I know on NASCAR they vary between cars. Some are right, some are left, some are both. I was just trying to remember which side the ones I saw came out on.

You could do side pipe out the passenger side and a simulated match on the drivers side (no burning your leg, to hell w/the passenger :D ), but I would only like the fully enclosed side skirt style w/ the exhaust end showing only. A la Viper, Roush 'stang, etc.... You could theoreticly do a tubular style muffler hidden behind the skirt and/or use the oval exhaust tubing that Burns' stainless sells to get more ground clearance. I think it might look good and change the way the side just rolls under and you can see some of the frame/body pinch welds on the side.

AdaM