GN vs Ellenor

InHock

:rolleyes: I know all of us are tired of hearing about the new movie with the GNs in it but i remember after the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" the model of the stang that was used skyrocked! I read in a magazine where a place in texas [close to dallas] had such a demand for cars like ellenor they were 2 years out before you could get one and they were not cheap! The demand is still that way now! So I will have to agree with dennis kirban, any press about these GNs has got to be good for all of us and maybe our cars will all go up in value [just gns, not gnx's cause i really want one] to where we all will get a decent price out of them should we decide to sell.

Yeah.. but Elenore was glorified in a movie, with first rate acting.. excellent chase scenes.. and built up to center around it as the all mighty car.

The GN, will be thrown in a B budget style movie, with Hack acting, and probably will only play a small part of the whole movie. And no doubt will end up being beat by a Honda w/ a fart can, whale wing, and a NAAWWWZZZ tank being pulled on a trailer.

Hardly the pivotal role "Elenore" played in Gone in 60.

Doubt it'll do anything for GN's value.

It sure is a cool car though :cool: Me likey

Attachments

• mustang-gt-500-eleanor-60-segundos.jpg
    mustang-gt-500-eleanor-60-segundos.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 599
Come on Madcat455, think positive!! Maybe it wont be that bad only time will tell i guess.

The GN, will be thrown in a B budget style movie, with Hack acting, and probably will only play a small part of the whole movie. And no doubt will end up being beat by a Honda w/ a fart can, whale wing, and a NAAWWWZZZ tank being pulled on a trailer.

B budget movie? Beat by a Honda? Have you even watched the scene with the GN?

GN has its value no matter what. its the dark vader of cars. this movie wont make it any more appealing then it previously was.

B budget movie? Beat by a Honda? Have you even watched the scene with the GN?

Nope.. but I know "HOLLYWOOD", and I know the "FF" movies...

Hollywood has absolutely NO ties to reality with this movie line.. they could have a punk on a scooter beat it if they scripted it that way.:mad:

add to that, Kali's push to villiafy old cars.. how hard is it to believe that you'll see a honda hybrid hand the GN its arse???;)

And I said "B budget STYLE" movie... lol. Some styles cannot be overcome no matter how much money you invest in it.:tongue: :tongue:

Ah so you have no idea that the GN is only in one scene and gets trashed by a semi and is nowhere near a race. Alright then. Continue trash talking. :D

Ah so you have no idea that the GN is only in one scene and gets trashed by a semi and is nowhere near a race. Alright then. Continue trash talking. :D

Seriously?? only that scene?? GOD I hope soo.

For some reason, the thought of all the Honduh owners that are the target audience of this movie.. looking at GN's with wanting eyes.. makes me shudder.

For some reason, the thought of all the Honduh owners that are the target audience of this movie.. looking at GN's with wanting eyes.. makes me shudder.

Like another man staring at my a@#:eek:

have you seen any of the past movies? there hasnt been a honda in it for almost a decade. this year its more domestic cars. Mustang, chevelle, Regal, just to name a few. there are a few other cars

The 'GNX' is only in the opening scene of the movie. In most reviews, they said that the opening scene is one of the better scenes simple because there's hardly any CGI (except for when it slides under a rolling/exploding trailer :rolleyes: ).

I could care less about what the movie does to the value of the car, I don't plan on selling mine, and any change in value will be marginal.
If anything this movie will bring more misconceptions about GN's/GNX's, because the car looks like a half-ass attempt at a GNX clone. But at least not many people should confuse it with montes anymore.

But at least not many people should confuse it with montes anymore.

i dont know about that, my daughter sent me a text a couple of weeks ago asking me if i knew about the movie coming out,
and guess what she told me there was going to be a monte carlo in it :mad:

You would think with an 80 million dollar budget they could get a better director then Justin Lin (he did Tokyo Drift, and it sucked). But at least they got a good DP, Amir M. Mokri to make the film look good.

From what I heard there's two scenes with the GN in the opening (the tanker hit, and after the tanker hit) and that's pretty much it I heard, because Vin Diesel has like 4 cars in the movie.

Good point Mr Nate. I have not had that happen to me yet[calling my GN a montie] and maybe the movie will make people see there is a difference. Heres hoping it will!

:cool: The original eleanor was actually a 1973 mustang fastback. And it definatly was a B movie..

Anyone remember the movie Out For Justice? William Forsythe drove a GN before he got killed by Steven Seagal.

Anyone remember the movie Out For Justice? William Forsythe drove a GN before he got killed by Steven Seagal.
Yep. And referred to it as a GNX I believe.
145.jpg

I agree with what others have said on the Eleanor / GN comparison. GISS was framed up and basically based on Eleanor being the star car. Probably half of the movie had her on the screen. I doubt the GN is going to get a tenth of the screen time Eleanor had.

Now do I hope the value goes up because of the movie? Sure. I would love to have some rich kid tell daddy he just HAS to have my car for some ricockulous amount of money. :D