GN - Typhoon/Cyclone Hybrid

black87buick

Anyone know of anyone who has done this? I found a complete frame and drive train for a 'phoon in clean condition. Includes all the wiring and ECM stuff. Basically, something happened to the body that was not salvageable. So, I got to thinking, anyone graph a 'phoon into a GN/TR to make a mean AWD import/exotic car killer. ??????? I think the awesomeness might out weigh the practicality of not doing it.

I've seen rednecks put Camaro bodies on a lifted truck frame & make mud boggers outa them, so I suppose it's possible.

Sounds like a money wasted & huge ass ache in the making to me though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes there was a person that did this and posted on here several years ago. It was slick as hell.

That kinda what I am hinting at. The AWD platform does not appear to ride higher than a GBody, and judging by that cutlass it was be awesome. That would just dumbfound any modern tuner in a light to light or even a strip. Afterall they are generally familiar with a RWD GN and its legacy, but to see one dive into the 10's without spinning the rears or lifting...that would be a sight.

Honestly the listing is tempting, its a complete "everything" typhoon minus the body.

If you used the trans and drive train and adapted the SUPERIOR Buick power plant it would be GREAT! The typhoon engine is a real POS. Even more fun would be a turbo'd LS in front of the AWD. Start with a Std Regal body and make it look like a GN. (Just to keep the purists happy)

keep in mind that the S truck chassis is a lot narrower than a G body, and the wheel base as well as where the engine is placed relative to the front axle might cause problems with body fitment. also, the frames on the trucks are a lot narrower than a G body- the truck frames are directly under the floor, where the G body kicks out to the door sills- so you are going to have a hell of a time getting the body to sit down low over the frame.

this is one of those things that seems like a good idea when you are daydreaming, but starts to look like a really bad idea when you are 1000 hours and $10,000 into fabricating something that might never work right when it's done..