GN Trade in Value

bigz

I'm curious if anybody on here has ever had any luck trading in their GN. I need a new daily driver pickup and think I want to buy a new Dodge Dakota. I've tried selling the GN, but it just seems that the market for these things sucks right now. I know I'm going to lose money on the deal, but does anybody have any advice for getting the most out of the car? What kind of trade in could one expect for a very nice GN with 94000 miles? Thanks

Mike

In a word, 'jack'. I think you'd be better off sitting on it 'till you find the right buyer.

....or just keep the baddest vehicle ever to hiss out of Detroit.

If you find the right dealer, you could get $9000 - $10,000. Of course some dealers will give you $5000 for any POS - you just have to pay sticker for the car. I stopped at a local Buick dealer to get a part and two salesman came running out of the showroom falling all over themselves asking if i was there to trade the car in. :D

I went and checked out a new Dakota today. It's nice, but I guess I came to my senses. I love my GN but it frustrates the hell out of me at times. I guess I should hang out with my friend Royal more and learn how to run 11's at this altitude with a few bolt ons and a little nitrous:cool: I may still sell it if I get the right price, but I'll replace it with something cool like a GS and stick to drving my Toyota Tacoma as a daily driver.

Mike

Buy a 1 year old car for $10,000 under what it was new, keep the GN and let's go racing!

I used to to work at aChevy dealer selling new trucks, and I can tell you that trading in a car is almost always a losing venture. The used car manager or whoever looks at the Gn will give you whatever "Blackbook" value is. On a 18 year old Regal they will probably not give you nearly what the car is worth. Have you thought about putting it in Autotrader?

Ya it goes in Auto Trader next week. I'm going to figure something out without trading in the Buick. Thanks for all the advice.

Mike