GN Reproduction Rims???

rphatdad

I see several versions of reproduction Rims on the internet Detroit Weel & Tire, Gbody and any others I missed. What is the difference besides price.

Please don't say just buy GBody's because they are a supporting vendor. I buy from Gbody & Kirban all of the time just curious as to what the difference is, and how I can get the most for my money.

Always wanted to stop and look at the wheels in person at Detroit wheel and tire,they are only 10 min. away from me. Guy I was talking to at a shop said they looked real nice

Budnikwheels are billet, GBodyParts are aluminum and about $1000. Less, Detroit I don't know about.

Judging from the pics and pricing, I would say the Detroit wheel is the GBody aluminum reproduction wheel. But can't say for sure.

I came across the Detroit ones awhile back and was wondering too what was up with them, any good?, is the backspacing spot on?, international shipping?. I need some stockers but I'm hesitant to go with steel. If I'm going for that look I want mint and I guess lighter as a bonus, centerline used to make some very very close and could probably get larger diameter but I don't know if they still make them or how they'd look on the car with the smoother center section.

Got mine from Brian (GBody) and really like them. 15x8 up front, 15x10 in the back. Had to put a few extra lbs in the bags to keep them from rubbing the MT's, well worth it. It's funny, this is my 3rd GN, but the first with "GN" wheels... Honestly, if the aluminum wheels hadn't hit the market, I would have gone with something else. image.jpg image.jpg

Regards,
John

Hey rphatdad, thanks. The fronts are 235/60 BFG's, rears are 275/60 MT ET Streets. I can't go lock-to-lock, slight rub, but I have enough radius. You definitely don't need the 10's to run the 275's, but the dish looks sweet. I showed up at GBody's shop and they were already mounted and balanced, ready to go. Super experience. Only problem was you couldn't get a decent can of dip in that half horse town where his shop is...

Regards,
John

i had budnik's just price me a set of 17" buick GN replica wheels....
was over $600 a wheel.... just fyi.

Bluehair,
Do yuou have a contact name/e-mail for Budnik?
Conrad