GN Pro's Jump in and Help ME !!!

StealthGXP

First off I am looking to buy this car !!

Problem it is 500 miles away !!
From the Owner..

Hey man, here are some more pictures. I tried to post them in chronological order to show you what the car looked like when I bought it and the finished product. The story is the guy wanted wanted to make this car to be an exact replice of one of his friends Grand Nationals, which was a twin turbo drag car. Well he tore his car apart, then just bought his friends car and never finished his, and it sat in pieces for awhile. I found the car on craigslist and went to look at it, it was in great shape, no rust, and very good floors. Well when I bought the car, all the original numbers matching parts came with it and just needed to be reassembled. Well a man named Bruce Alred, owner of Aggressive Performance in Roseville Mi. helped me reassemble the car. Bruce has infinite knowledge of Grand Nationals and his shop specializes in them, hes also owned a Grand National or T-Type since they first came out. I bought the car on March 17th and on August 26th it was moving under its own power. The car has run flawless since. Its not my daily driver so it only sees nice weather. I never even take it out in the rain. Its set at 14lbs of boost and runs great. It has Flowmaster exhaust on it and no catalytic convertor. Under normal driving conditions it gets great gas mileage. If you have anymore questions please feel free to call or text me.

Thanks,
Mark

0504091956a1.jpg

05040919581.jpg

0520092033a1.jpg

gn11l.jpg

gn18.jpg

gn19.jpg

gn20.jpg

gn22.jpg

Not that $9000.00 is a bad number for a 53,000 mile car.. but is it worth it ??

The other thing is the Drivers Seat.. He states it has an Ash Tray ??? for the rear seat ?? is this normal ?

Im sure some of the guys you are looking for , will chime in this afternoon...You might want to post this in the Turbo Lounge, gets alot more viewers...your best bet would to have someone possible go look at the car for you.. Someone in the MI area!!Or even find one closer to you!!! There are alotta cars out there priced cheap. And for 9K im sure you can find a car that is really good shape!! Looks like a nice car. but i wouldnt pay 9k for it imo!! try and get a list of mods that the car has!!!

Where you located?
You might be better off finding a car that's pretty stock. You have alot to learn and gettings something that's been ridden hard and put away wet might prove to be a real headache. This things are finicky enough without trying to undue mistakes from previous owners.

So was the heater box replaced??

I would keep looking...

From talking to the guy on the phone yes, the heater box was replaced..

After I talked to the guy on the phone lastnight and seeing he isn't going to move much on the price I'm likely going to leave it alone.

My Brother inlaw knows of a X car in the Area he wants me to look at and thinks I can get it for a little more .

I asked him if he knew that there were only 547 X cars made, He knew that.. I know of one in the area that hasn't seen day light in 4 years (Owner's in Jail) Might be a clone but I can not say. Hopefully I can get the planets to line up in the near future and get a look at this X car, Hopefully its not rotted out.

Right now I have 9500 to play with I could have a little more but to go to MI and get this car (Wife and 2 kids, Fuel, Food and Hotel's) I was looking to spend 8 tops then 2 for the trip...

I guess I will keep looking :(

By X car you mean a GNX? Sorry your not going to get a real GNX for a little more than that car was....

See thats where you have no idea... Yes we know what they are worth.

But you have to understand where I come from.

People have more money then brains, they buy stuff and then get sick of it.....

it sits there then one day they just say take it.

Before my friend went to jail 6 Years ago I could of bought his GNX for 15,000.00 When I said it hasn't seen day light in 4 years I say that knowing so.. I parked it ! Its behind 15 other cars including 4 other GN's

I'm waiting for the "Friend" that supposedly has an X car stuffed away to see what it is, Where it is and how much.

10 minutes from me is a reservation where millions of Tax free dollars are spent on toys that once they are played with they get tossed aside for something new.

I'm not flaunting just saying. Hell I dont even know if this one I might be able to get is a X car. but if it is it wouldn't surprise me !

The last car I scooped up had over 100,000.00 invested in it.. I grabbed it for 20,000.00 and 3 days later dumped it for 65,000

Before my friend went to jail 6 Years ago I could of bought his GNX for 15,000.00 When I said it hasn't seen day light in 4 years I say that knowing so.. I parked it ! Its behind 15 other cars including 4 other GN's
Was ur friend a car thief? When they are stolen you can usually steal them for next to nothing.:rolleyes:

Well, this was a recent thread that was both funny and sad. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/in...frauds/334822-heading-out-go-get-one-bye.html

If you can score a true GNX for that inexpensive then you're on lucky SOB. Make sure the deal is legal.;)

That was entertaining :biggrin:

But yes I understand the reality of it, CarFax should show that it is a True GNX correct ?? Just need to find it and the owner.

I'm a deal finder tho.. Bought my 03 Dually for 15 and my 02 for 10 :biggrin: