GN or Ttype

Re: Dont fret

Originally posted by racemybuick
get to the nitty gritty...gonna work it over?:) :) :confused: :) :)

John

Went to the track yesterday---bone stock----you don't wanna know!!!

Gonna do some bolt-ons, but this ones gonna pull DD duty.
The old Ttype is gonna get stripped down and made a straight race car.
Hopefully this one will be towing the race car, if I can ever afford a trailor!

BTW, when I found the car on the internet it was classified as a Ttype. When I talked to the owner, he wasn't much of a car guru but he said it was actually a GN. The only reason I was concerned about what the car actually was is because the GN's have a higher book value (incase something unfortunate were to happen again).
As soon as I save up for a cheap paint job, I'm taking it to get appraised so that no insurance Co. can try to tell me the value of what they think it's worth.

Any help on info for a car trailor or cheap paint job in my area would be appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

Vinnie:D

The rear set would look like a regular seat with
the sand grey material. Or if it happened to have the leather
on the rear seat it will look just like a 1984 GN rear seat.
The Lear Siegler T Type front seat looks just like the
84 GN front seat except the power 6 emlem is embroidered in the leather but not in color like the GN. I don't know how to post a picture to show you what my 84 T Type WH1 looks like.
HTH

Appraisal

When you get your car painted...take all your recipts and all the info on your specific car and put them in a binder or folder and keep it forever....You need every recipt in case something happens to that car and the ins. co wants to nickle and dime you. I have two binders so far for my car, one for all the info, and the other for all the recipts. Not only is the value of your car on paper, but it is also organized and easily viewable...INS. Co's hate organized customers...hehehe.

John

Well if he had documentation of the car being sold as a Grand National ie. ad or bill of sale...........and perhaps decided to put a new trunk lid on it while painting :eek: , what could the insurance company do to proove the car was not?

cant change facts

The vin number was registered as soon as the car was purchased in 1984. Whatever the car was assigned as when sold, is what the insurance co will determine. If it was sold as a t-type, then the insurance co will know about it. Belive me, I was shocked the day I went into State Farm and insured my Buick. The woman told me I had a t-type, and I thought she knew what she was talking about. She had no clue what it meant, but her computer told the story. You cant get around an insurance co unless you got the recipts to make your car worth more $$$, or you got a good buddy who is an appraiser. If you do, my e-mail address is listed in my profile!

John

Well the vin tells you its a T-type.........but will call a Grand National a T-type also. Wether GM did this for insurance purposes or whatever reason I am fairly certian your insurance company would also have a true GN registered as a T-type.

Originally posted by irockwithdirt
Well the vin tells you its a T-type.........but will call a Grand National a T-type also. Wether GM did this for insurance purposes or whatever reason I am fairly certian your insurance company would also have a true GN registered as a T-type.

That's exactly right. My car is without a doubt a GN and the insurance recognizes it only as a T-type. The T-Type/GN code in the VIN is the same so it is impossible to tell weather it's a T-type or GN from the VIN.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner

Been busy working on the paint but, 6 to go answered correctly. My rear seat is just sand gray cloth as it's called. And the front seat is just as he described. The turbo six is not colored in.