GN on GN abuse

TR87386

Since this section has been slow lately (and I love reading these stories) I've got one.... unfortunatly I wasn't on the winning end. So cruzing to the local track to make a few easy passes trying to get my car working as it should. I'm almost there when in the rear view I see another GN coming pretty quick. 2 lane highway doing about 60, he pulls up, gives me the thumbs up and smiles. I'm checking out his ride, nice car, quiet, drag radials on stock wheels. All in all pretty unassuming looking so I figure what the hell, so he gives me the jump and proceeds to put like 5 cars on me in no time! Girlfriend is in the car and starts laughing at me, I was laughing as well. So surpise surprise guess where my new buddy was going, the track of course. Turns out to be a solid mid 10 sec car... felt a little better about getting pounded once he made a few passes. Really nice guy too, very friendly and willing to give advise to help out. I guess if I gotta loose thats how I would want it.

That's the only car I wouldn't mind losing to. Rare to see one on the street other than your own especially getting to
race one would be very cool. even if you do lose a race. So how did you do at the track? Did you get your car runnin right?

Was this at NED? April 13 there is going to be a Buick Bash. Come on up.

Same thing happened to me in WI a few years back. This was before my current setup too, but even with my current car, this guy would have walked all over me. I don't mind losing to another TR. Motivates me!

This was NE Dragway. Were you up there that night Pronto? I'm interested in the April bash, give me something to look forward to.That night the best I ran was 13.1 @106. This was on old TA Radials. The converter in my car is not working well. Must be locked to get any mph out of the car. I have a restalled d-5 to put back in it for the spring.

It's possible but I'm old and memory is spotty.:wacky:

If you're going to loose. Loose to the best.:D

Cool story.

Mike Barnard