GN in new street racing movie

equalizer442

a friend has been inviting me to go to church with him for a long time now but the other day i finally gave in sence they were going to be watching a street racing movie.

its name was "lay it down" it turns out that there was only one "real" race in the movie but there was still a gn in one of the scenes. most of the movie was show low riders setting still and rather rough looking american muscle doing one tire burnouts when they launched. the rest, as in 90% of the movie was about jesus and getting saved.

back to the gn, i was kinda board and i seen the bubble hood of a gn just at the bottom of the screen and a few seconds later after every body left the gn had a solo shot of it slowly driving away.
A film that is sweeping the country and impacting lives in its path. "The Fast and the Furious" has proven that street racing is a national phenomenon. Here is an evangelistic answer for those interested in fast cars, and the fast life. A drama that unfolds a story of the reality that there is more to life than what most people value.

LAY IT DOWN is an explosive drama set against the teenage world of illegal street racing. Ride with Ben Destin (Sean Mc Ewen) as he finds the way of the narrow road to eternal life through Jesus Christ. Once he finds this route, he encourages all of his friends to discover the same freedom.

LAY IT DOWN is a powerful, ground-breaking evangelistic film. Its compelling delivery and heart-pounding action make it a must see for teens and young adults. From the producers of The Moment After and Mercy Streets.

lid.dvd.lg.jpg

to sum it up, street racing is a "sin" in this movie. the older of two brothers has a bad wreck and gets messed up. a preacher then gets him saved. so then he turns in to a bible thumper and starts preaching at street racing events.

in order to preach to some non belevers he has to race the "fastest" car in the movie, a convertable gt mustang. to make a long story short he uncovers a dusty, primered, tempest and they put new wheels on it. to make things intresting his girl friend ****s the guy in the stang and gets pregnant. she goes and talk to his mother crying and at the end shes like "ok and there racing tonight"

she offers to drive there because she knows a short cut. she ends up running a stop sign and causing him to run off the road and do a fatf style flip killing him.

clift notes:

guy wrecks and gets saved, girl friend cheats on him and gets knocked up then gets saved. she then runs a stop sign and kills her boyfriend.

wow, i think i'd rather just watch dave navarro in his bone stock GN making funk master flex crap his pants

See.. if the guy had used the NAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWSSS he would have been faster then the girl running the stop sign.

I was in that movie! :D

The GN belonged to Tedd Smith, who used to be a member here. The car was stolen not too long after filming that movie. There is also a 94 Impala SS in the movie. That was my car.

There is a scene where, I think two brothers, are talking to each other leaning up against their car at a car show. I walk through that scene. ;)

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Did you walk through that scene on water?

Now thats funny!

I went to church once to "youth group" or whatever they called it, those movies just crack me up! Seriously, could the whole jesus/ getting saved/ god/ religion crap have anything less to do with those movies??? They got a movie for every "sin" out there. Racing, drugs, drinking, sex, rock music, pretty much anything fun. When I went it was a movie about how the Beatles were Satanic. I laughed through the whole thing. I was like "The Beatles? Are you fuc*ing kidding me?!" You would think the idiots who made it would at least have gone the obvious Ozzy/ Megadeth/ Metallica/ King Diamond route. Yeah, you know those Beatles, whew boy, they were CRAZY!!:D :rolleyes:

Beatles

Think "yellow submarine". It gets pretty obvious that they could afford the good drugs.