GN Club in Metro Detroit area

mschaffer66

A couple years ago I met a guy at the Woodward Cruise that says there is a GN club that meets regularly then meets up at a restaurant on Woodward. Does anyone have any info on this?

Are you guys the crew that (at least at that time) meets like every wednesday up until the cruise? The guy I talked to said there were likea dozen or so GN's there.

we always meet the Wednesday during the week of the cruise. There are videos on the web of a dozen or so TR's pulling out of the parking lot of the Moose Preserve....that is us :)

People of course meet up all the time before the cruise but yes, the large gathering on that Wed is the club.

Will

"Yea, we meet up" = Meeting up once a year before the woodward cruise.... :(

All I hear is "I don't have time..." I WISH they met up often. It would be great fun.

I kinda figured the whole GN crowd in this are probably wouldn't be that big considering how short the driving season is in Michigan.

I'd like to meet some people that can give some good pointers in person. Seems like you can only glean so much knowledge off of the boards. It would be nice to see other's setups in person.

Yeah, a bit East. Exit 159 on 94.

My car is asleep for the winter but I would be willing to meet up and chat TR's :)

The MBTC is nice but meetings are few and far between. Most of the members live in the Detroit area. I am bit out of the way so I do not always make the events.

We rent Milan privately, go to Norwalk as a group, meet at Woodward, Wild Woody's, and often impromptu gatherings but it isn't a weekly or even monthly certainty.

Yeah, a bit East. Exit 159 on 94.

My car is asleep for the winter but I would be willing to meet up and chat TR's :)

The MBTC is nice but meetings are few and far between. Most of the members live in the Detroit area. I am bit out of the way so I do not always make the events.

We rent Milan privately, go to Norwalk as a group, meet at Woodward, Wild Woody's, and often impromptu gatherings but it isn't a weekly or even monthly certainty.

In the detroit area? Hmmm... If they are, they dam sure don't like to meet up lol.
I'm at woodys (along with a good guy named doug) every sunday. (well, except when I'm deployed)
It's a great time I think. The musics a little too loud, and there's always the young whipper snappers in the back, with all their little gimmicky hondas and mustangs and whatnot, but it's still a very laid back crowd, with good food in the restuarant. I love goin there.
I just wish us buick guys had a set time and place to get together (woodys would be perfect) and hang out, and talk buicks.

yeah the club doesn't do a lot of scheduled meet ups unfortunately. The focus seemed to be drag racing at Milan on weekends rather than hanging out but that may be switching to car shows and meets more these days...hard to tell.

I like to go to Bakers once and a while but again, only one or two times a year.

It is a drag being way over here and everyone else being at least an hour away :-(

Well I'm located in the Pinckney area. I juts picked up an 87 GN after 20 plus years of wanting one. Looking forward to some events this coming summer.

Thx
RS8018

Clawson Area

Anytime any of you guys are in the Clawson area, (thats just north of Royal Oak) please drop by. We cantalk about TR's and stuff plus I have a basement full of HO trains and HO slotcars that we can run and have fun with. You can see my stuff on Rustyspikes.com. The web site needs to be upgraded but you will get the idea of the fun we could have. My 86 WH1 is my "summer" hobby and the basement ("Toybox") is my winter hobby. I have been to the Moose Preserve for the last 4 years and it is a great time. Lots of Buicks and fun.
Just drop me a line off of the web page to let me know you are coming so I will be home. Not much to do in the winter time here in Michigan but play in the basement.
CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING.:frown:

Well, there seems to be a handful right in this post willing to meet up. Set up a date, somewhere kind of central located, with enough notice so word of mouth can travel for the other TR people not on the board. Im sure we'd get a decent turn out.

Anytime any of you guys are in the Clawson area, (thats just north of Royal Oak) please drop by. We cantalk about TR's and stuff plus I have a basement full of HO trains and HO slotcars that we can run and have fun with. You can see my stuff on Rustyspikes.com. The web site needs to be upgraded but you will get the idea of the fun we could have. My 86 WH1 is my "summer" hobby and the basement ("Toybox") is my winter hobby. I have been to the Moose Preserve for the last 4 years and it is a great time. Lots of Buicks and fun.
Just drop me a line off of the web page to let me know you are coming so I will be home. Not much to do in the winter time here in Michigan but play in the basement.
CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING.:frown:
I live in clawson too

Count me in and have another guy that would probably join me. Live in the Clarkston area, real close to woodward.

Hey guys I'm from lansing just want to throw this out there do you guys know of anybody local selling a gn or ttype looking for somewhat of arunning project if you local guys have any leads I would appreciate it been looking for a damn turbo buick but having a hard time because of my budget.thanks guys

You guys make me feel home sick:( I grew up in Detriot. lived at 1652 Edison St. (between 12th St. and Woodrow Wilson) went to Central High school. I currently live in Calif. Been here for the past 23 years. I would love to make it back for the Woodward Dream Cruse some day.