Gn Caddy

only"T"intown

Are there any experts out there who would attempt a cool swap for me in the near future? I want a 87 Gn engine and trans combo swapped into the body of a 2000 Caddy Catera. I don't think it has been done but it should be possible. The caddy is very stylish and sporty and comes with a peppy V6 auto. It is a well put together car built by Opel in Germany for Caddilac. Just wandering if someone could do this for me if I supply the car, engine and trans with all accessories. I would like it to look as if it came off the assembly line with that engine. Give me an idea of possible labor costs.......
Thanks......

At least your starting with a Rear wheel drive vehicle, couldnt take too much to make it work.

Its heavy 3770 lbs

Why not a CTS? :biggrin:

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
At least your starting with a Rear wheel drive vehicle, couldnt take too much to make it work.

Its heavy 3770 lbs

Why not a CTS? :biggrin:

BW
3770, Thats heavy for such a small car, isn't it? I didn't realize the Catera weighed that much.

It is i looked it up to make sure it was right wheel drive..

I want to do a solstice or a 230 mercedes

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
It is i looked it up to make sure it was right wheel drive..

I want to do a solstice or a 230 mercedes

BW
Yeah me too. I just wan't to do something a little different. I saw a Mazeratti (cheap version if there is such a thing) on ebay a couple of years ago with the GN power plant that went for around 17K if I remember right. BMW 318 and 325's are plentiful and reletively cheap and would make for a classy ride. I'm not married to the Catera swap because I haven't bought it yet but I have seen a few on ebay with bad engines or bad transmissions for around $2K or so.

The CTS is Buick powered....................... It's been in the mags. before. Look it up you will see........................

fatride said:
The CTS is Buick powered....................... It's been in the mags. before. Look it up you will see........................
Is it the V6 3.8 sfi Turbo engine

YEP, all 87 drivetrain................................. it's been in GMHIGHT tech do a search on the car here

fatride said:
YEP, all 87 drivetrain................................. it's been in GMHIGHT tech do a search on the car here
Thats awesome! I haven't heard anything about this. What years has it been produced? I always thought they were V8's.

only"T"intown said:
I went to the site and that is what I am talking about but I thought you guys were actually talking about Caddilac producing it again. Nice though.

It looks factory! So it must have been factory built :wink:

BW

The guy with the CTS bought the car and pulled the motor and drivetrain within 3 days. I talked to him in indy. Nice guy.

Jason

Caddy.jpg

I actually started this thread looking for someone willing to do a swap for me if I supply everything needed but it strayed from that some how. :confused: I'm wandering if there is someone in the east/south east that knows what they're doing that would like to attempt this for $$?