GN - Body Side Moulding?

DarrenX33

Hey Guys-

I'm obviously new here and new to the GN. I started looking for an 87 GN and have a question. I am going to look at a car that has the strip moulding running along the sides of the body (fender/door/quarter). I am wondering if those are stick on or drilled thru to mount..

Thanks!!

They could be either. Look at the SPID label on the underside of the trunk lid. If there is a "B88" listed on there, it has the factory installed side moldings which were stuck on with tape. The dealer installed moldings could have been riveted on I guess. My GN has the B88 and they are stuck on... :smile:

David

<edit> For more info regarding such things, look around here: Buick Turbo Regal Option Codes (Regular Production Options - RPO)
Lots and lots of info on there regarding GN's. Especially if one is considering getting one of these cars. It might also be wise to see if anyone on here is close by to see if they could possibly take a look at it with you...

Oh, and welcome to the site. :cool:

Mine has the "dealer" option and was riveted. You can pull back the rubber strip from the metal retainer (at the end of the molding) and see the rivets.

The stick on glued factory ones have no metal on them at all.

It's a simple visual test of the molding itself and RPO code on the trunk sticker.

Then again some aftermarket moldings were all rubber/plastic and no metal as well so if it has the code you would need to inspect the shape and look of the molding to see it it was factory since it's no longer available.

About 5/8" wide, textured slightly on the top center piece.