gn balancer

Fordjosef

Need info for my 86 gn tought i had a bad knock from one day to the other got scared at first and started up with no power at all took it around the block no power with bad knock on the engine in gear no knock without it in gear had me confused so pulled off the piping and intercololer to check out the balancer and have lots of play need info on how to fix it or find a new one any info helps thanks guys!

Sounds like you have some serious bottom end issues. You can pull the pan with the engine in the car and have a look at the bearings. What what you have said, it is most likely time for a :(rebuild...

Sounds like your balancer nut backed off and/or cracked the hub. See if you can back the nut off and remove the balancer. Even when not cracked it's not a press fit.

If cracked it usually manifests itself at the keyway slot.

Yes took off the balancer bolt was tight but the balancer was loose it just wobbles in place might have to check if it's cracked then :(

Checked my balancer everything looked fine no cracks or nothing so I checked the crankshaft bolt that it thread all the way in looked good also but the balancer back on ant put back toghther start right up with no knock guess it was the that bolt got loose;)