GN and supra on dsmtalk

Geez... someone really needs to go over there and straighten them out. Apparently the GN runs 12s to high 14s from the factory, has different turbo upgrades for special models, there were only 44 GNX's made... it's making my head hurt.

I have a friend with a pretty decent 12 or 13 second fwd eclipse that I talk to online, she lives in OK somewhere. She pastes links to that dsmforum all the time, and I've been trying to join for ages to see some of the stuff on it. MAN it makes me angry that I can't join right now to set these guys straight.

"Sorry, new registrations have been temporarily disabled. Please try again later."

:mad:

Can anybody just go there and post or do you have to brcome a member. Cause I would like to go over there and tell them how stupid they are. Just my Opinion

It's not that they are stupid, but rather uninformed. Ignorant would be a better word. No offence to the DSM gang. They just don't know much about the subject

I couldn't believe the post(s) dissing the look of our cars, though. TR's are the SWEETEST looking cars;)

Guys,guys,guys,
We are losing focus very quickly on the reason our cars are so great. Without ignorant people like them what fun would it be taking thier money. Eventhough the lack of respect our cars get from the ricers is anoying, it is refreshing at the same time. I say we dont tell them anything, we keep it a secret, and keep taking their money.:cool:

Fools

Originally posted by nickb
Guys,guys,guys,
We are losing focus very quickly on the reason our cars are so great. Without ignorant people like them what fun would it be taking thier money. Eventhough the lack of respect our cars get from the ricers is anoying, it is refreshing at the same time. I say we dont tell them anything, we keep it a secret, and keep taking their money.:cool:

Fools

Now there's a shyster after my our heart!

i was going to register and just post an article from car and driver showing all the 86 GN specs and it running a 13.9 with a 4.9 0-60

then i was going to just post the GNX article i have from cars illustrated that shows the GNX running 13.26 @ 105 mph

clueless people:D

that would have shut them up

Yeah I tried to register also to no avail.

I think that some of them need to be enlightened to the power of the dark side.:cool: What they don't know won't hurt them (well maybe their wallet if they want to run for money)............

I dont know what you guys are talking about. Other than 1 or 2 retards over their they seem VERY knowledgeable about TR's, and some of them know more than guys that actually own TR's on this board. :rolleyes:

IMO they know too much!

Originally posted by momau3
Yeah I tried to register also to no avail.
Anyone know stuff about internet "cookies"? Or, does anybody on here have a DSMTALK board cookie they wish to post and share??? Should allow us to be recognized as "them". We can all post as one person :D

No No No

Don't go posting up the facts - Just let the Myths prevale! It adds to the mystery of the Turbo Buicks. - BB:D

Originally posted by nickb
Guys,guys,guys,

Fools
One of them fools has his car in my garage.Over 600H.P. at the wheels with no spray. I think he will more races than he loses.

The majority of these guys have no traction. They are so woried about fitting big rims, and dropping their cars they they cant possibly get these things to hook up. If you cant put the power to the pavement, whats the use? Not that they all do that but the majority. I know a guy with a 1200hp supra, sure its cool, but hes spinning wheels from 80mph rolls. Thats more scary than fun to me. I'm sure its a nice 600hp car, just not my style. Priorities are usually mixed up with those guys.

LOL!

One of em said this and it damn near killed me...

"The motors were made special by the power 6 corp out in california so they are race built.":confused: :D

Good greif!

600 H.P. and A.W.D. on a street car is awesome. 1.6 sixty foot on a soft launch and no heating of the tires. I know some of these ricer looking ,sounding cars are annoying. But my sons was put together by Buick guys. Queit,Black and shiney. But it does have the bottle in the trunk just in case. One of the requirements made by me was we keep all the factory air,cruise etc. and it doesn't sound like a weed eater.

Now that sounds like a nice car!

I know what your talking about because I also have a nice car in my garage. My brother has an 89 BMW M3. I cant even begin to tell you the list of mods thats done to the car. It's a true factory race car. Dipping into off-ramps at 90mph is no sweat. Its a little unnearving actually. When people pull up next to us and say "What does it run?" He yells out lap times, and they leave puzzled. His car isnt even in the same category as the ricers but sometimes its mistaken for that. Even the BMW dealership asked him once where he got that body kit? He wanted to smack the guy.

Nick

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
600 H.P. and A.W.D. on a street car is awesome. 1.6 sixty foot on a soft launch and no heating of the tires. I know some of these ricer looking ,sounding cars are annoying. But my sons was put together by Buick guys. Queit,Black and shiney. But it does have the bottle in the trunk just in case. One of the requirements made by me was we keep all the factory air,cruise etc. and it doesn't sound like a weed eater.
You let your son drive around with NOS hooked up on his car?? :confused: