GN 6-speed trans conversion

One987trbt

Has anyone ever converted thre trans in a Buick Grand National/Turbo Regal to a 6-speed?

If so, could you provide additional.

I havent heard of anyone doing it yet. However Im gonna start a project soon with either a NA Regal or Cutlass Supreme. My plan is to use the RWD V6 3800 from a mid 90s Camaro with a FWD M90 blower. GM used a manual tranny in G bodies from 1978-80. I think obtaining the proper clutch/brake pedal assembly will be the hardest thing to locate in order to make it happen. Honestly I think using a manual trans with the LC2 would hurt performance more than help. Im no expert but the LC2 was designed to work with an auto trans. I would like to see it done with a the LC2 so Im gonna watch this thread closely.

So some searching in the tranny section. A few people have done it, but not with a 6 speed because it would lug the engine down to much at highway speeds.

Didnt that guy from Austrailia that race them, have a manual??

But his is a 3800 block so you have to use the tranny out of the 4 gen F body. He did switch to stage II but I don't know what tranny he's using now.

Has anyone ever converted thre trans in a Buick Grand National/Turbo Regal to a 6-speed?

If so, could you provide additional.

Or maybe you mean an automatic? That would be cool to do a high tech turbo buick with a TA performance block (which accepts Chevy trans) and a new 6 speed automatic from TCI. If you have the money for it ;) .

But I'm thinking your really talking about a manual.

Wow, I just looked up that six speed auto from TCI and it looks awesome! I would definately do that if I had a good $15,000 lying around.

what would be the point? just to do it? I see no real advantages to it. Maybe I could see it if your road racing, but even then I would question road racing in a gbody lol, so idk.

peace

5 spd

years ago, my buddy put a t5 in his 84 mc ss. he used everything out of a 78/81 el camino/factory stick car. it was a royal knight with a 305/5spd. bolt in.

Does this really belong in the fabrication thread??? Move this to the tranny section. This was started for insight on homemade parts, not hashing out a common question. Now if you want to design a 6 speed auto, by all means post here. I will help, but just to chat about it and not fabricate anything. Ask this in the tranny section.

Sorry for my opinion, but the starter has 1 post.
Coach