GM Tritone pinstripping for T-Type WH1 Designer Package

HotAirWH1

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Here is a shot in the dark: The two tone pin stripe known as "Tritone" and is 1/2 inch thick - Black / Silver / Black. It is used to separate the black from silver on the car.

That might be a tough one:) stop by a local body shop and get the name of a stripe company that does all their cars. I believe there are some aftermarket options available. They can custom make what you want but it gets pricey. I think the F250 and F350 used a similar stripe on the two tone configuration they had in the early 2000’s.

Thanks, I'll check with the GM Dealership & Ford Dealership down the road. GM Dealer has done some pin stripping on a couple of trucks for me in the past. I have about two feet of the original stripping. Its pretty brittle. Getting ready to repaint the T and would like to stay true to the stripping detail or as close as possible to the Tritone tape if I can. I bought the car new in Sept 84 so I think I'll give her a makeover for 2019. 34 + years sure went fast!

My paint man pointed out that the trim (windshield, roof rail drip edge, headlight bezels etc.) are a different color black. Is that your understanding? Is it more of a semigloss or flat black? To tell you the truth I never noticed the whole time I'v owned the car. Ounce he pointed it out to me then I could see it. Or has these pieces just faded differently over the years?

I painted all my stripes and clear coated the whole car on my 86 WH1
FB_IMG_1547952588246.jpg

My stripes are painted as well. Don’t have to worry about fading or wax getting caked around the stripe.