GM parts direct bumper filler

Thunder

Wanna-be 10 sec'r
I need to get a ps front filler for my 87. The old one has disintegrated. GM parts direct show that they have these, but that they need to be sent to a business address. Has anyone had one delivered to their house?? I don't see any reason why this small lightweight part needs to be sent to a business address?? Any ideas??

Thanks

GM Parts Direct...... lol. Was the cost of the shipping more than the price of the part?

They will ship to your house. As a matter of fact I just put my new fillers on today. Nothin fits like an original GM part. Cost me under $80 for both to my door. Can't beat that, plus as I said they fit like a glove and no holes to drill.

We ran into the same notice (Shipping Only To Business Address) & e-mailed them about it.

Reply was "That's to insure someone will be there to accept delivery during business hours and only on certain parts. Just go ahead & use your home address."

HTH :)

I'm sure you know this, but you can purchase these parts at any GM dealer parts department. If you know someone with some sort of automotive business, you can get them for little less than GM parts direct because of their shipping charges. Then, no shipping involved.

I bought some a year ago from Dal at Van Devere Olds and I think they were around $24 each with $8 shipping and handling.

I called 2 local Buick dealers and they both said around $60 each. As a matter of fact one of the parts guys told me to get them from the website. I was actually only calling to get the P/N.