Gm High-tech Magazine

Just Recieved My New Mag And Theres An Buick In It That Runs 11.92 With A Stock Turbo Congrats Doug Everyone Check It If You Havent Already

The story on building up a stock GN with dyno numbers is really interesting too. It should be interesting to see the continuing parts of the story. They gained 102 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels with a turbo tweak chip, fuel pump and hotwire and valve springs. I think horsepower gain was about 30hp.

David
87GN

Here is a scanned copy.

DougsGrandNatl001.jpg

I dont know, to me that article sounds just like something i read from the GS-Xtra about 9 yrs ago.. Kind of dated if you ask me. I was a little disappointed.

Wasnt trying to sound like a dic$ Doug. Its COOL to have it featured. Good luck with the prodject..

I dont know, to me that article sounds just like something i read from the GS-Xtra about 9 yrs ago.. Kind of dated if you ask me. I was a little disappointed.

Are you talking about the stock build article or the short feature on Doug's car. I've never seen a copy of GS-Xtra so I couldn't compare. There wasn't a lot in the first article but it was interesting to see actual dyno numbers with the changes. Hopefully the continuing story will get better in future articles especially to the readers who have nearly stock TRs.

David
87GN

Thanks, I haven't got my copy yet.
Hi Doug,

Hope to pick up my store copy, once the newest issue is available. GMHTP has offered some good Buick articles, since inception. How did it come about you and your '87 GN being featured in their magazine?

Nando.

Good goin Doug! It's a shame that with the new Crapmaro, there will be hardly a mention of Buicks now. They will have a 3 page layout of how to swap exhaust tips for shinier ones...

Good goin Doug! It's a shame that with the new Crapmaro, there will be hardly a mention of Buicks now. They will have a 3 page layout of how to swap exhaust tips for shinier ones...

Saw on of them on the parkway Thurs.I always had a spot for them but I think the designers didn't really hit the mark on the styling,front clip looks cool though.....

So what do you guys think is wrong with the stocker they are doing in the magazine? bad injector flow maybe?

So what do you guys think is wrong with the stocker they are doing in the magazine? bad injector flow maybe?

Bad injectors was my first thought too but did you read where the guy from tune time gave it 20% more fuel from 128 base to 154 so he maxed the adjustment on the chip :confused: made no sence cause useually Eric is spot on with the tune

I'm surprised they didn't suspect that right away after the fuel pump and hotwire kit didn't take care of it. 22 year old car no wonder the injectors are bad:rolleyes: I'd like to see them stick with the stock injectors and either have them cleaned or replaced. Did they mention anything about replacing the vac lines?

No they did not say if they replaced vac lines or even wire tie them just incase the blow off :eek:

Ouch dude.

I got respect for it. Nice article, good job man.